Do you want to be a part of creating the future? We at Volvo Group are constantly moving and changing to be one step ahead on the digital transformation journey.
Imagine yourself working with the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society.
Imagine yourself working with IT in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter. Together we move the world.
So what do we do at Volvo Group IT ? For us, AI & Machine Learning, IoT, Augmented/Virtual Reality, Cloud, Mobility, UX, Cyber Security, Advanced Analytics and other IT areas are top priority bringing Volvo Group into the future. Are you interested to join us?
This is us, your new collegues
At Emerging Technology, Center Of Excellence (CoE), our ambition is to support and enable the Volvo Group journey towards digitalization. We scout for new IT technologies and assess how they can bring benefit to the business. We develop and provide the competences and the platforms needed to enter this new technical era.
The position is for the role of AI Developer within Emerging technologies Center of Excellence.
As a part of a global network, you are contributing to the development of the global analytics product portfolio as an Artificial Intelligence developer at AI/ML CoE, You will team up with business stakeholders to prioritize innovation ideas and work with other data scientists to develop and deliver breakthrough solutions.You will work with a highly innovative and vibrant team of AI Specialist/Data Scientists across geographical sites in developing the next generation AI/ML enabled solutions for Volvo Group. You will apply your analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and cloud technologies knowledge to create foundations for the next generation of smart and cloud connected platform and services. With great freedom to innovate, you will play a leading role in world-class research that will drive the future of Volvo Group’s artificial intelligence and machine learning. In addition, you will coach, mentor, and guide Volvo AI/ML Community/Enthusiasts to help them excel and advance their career development.
Who are you?
As a person you have 3+ years of hands on experience as AI Specialist and are a team player with a positive mind-set and you are curious to take on new challenges of AI/ML development. We believe continuous improvement is in your nature, you love quality, allow yourself to be inspired, have a “can do” attitude and take pride in your work. Further you like to challenge yourself and learn new technologies that broaden your skillset.
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Experience in data science, machine learning, deep learning, Computer Vision, NLP experience
- Demonstrated experience deploying ML solutions
- Hands-on experience with one or more major cloud-based ML platforms: Azure (Preferred) or GCP / AWS
- Strong machine learning background including experience working with the following classes of algorithms: regression, classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction, sequence models, time series analysis, association rule mining, text mining (NLP), computer vision, and ensembles
- Python programming experience is a must
- Experience with common Python data analysis and machine learning frameworks (Scikit-learn, Scipy, Numpy, Pandas, Tensorflow, Pytorch, OpenCV)
- Familiarity with existing Machine Learning APIs (e.g., Microsoft Azure Machine Learning API, Amazon Machine Learning API, Google Prediction API, etc.)
- Familiarity with code versioning tools and software testing frameworks and methodologies is a plus
- Creative and dynamic thinker
- Independent , Self Driven, and Takes Ownership to drive deliveries
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to technically guide and support team members within area of responsibility
- Ability to Train, Coach and Mentor team members.
- Organized approach for driving activities and tasks associated
- Develop solutions in AI & ML for business use-cases as specified by key stakeholders and help in industrializing them
- Analyze and understand customer problems and issues to convert these insights into system requirements. Conduct technical discussions with stakeholders
- Identify the best approach / algorithms to solve a given use case, visualize data to draw insights
- Prototype algorithms using Python and/or other languages with appropriate libraries and frameworks
- Develop new ideas into AI/ML driven products
- Present innovative technical solutions at workshops, and AI community
- Continuous research to stay updated with state-of-the-art artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science tools & solutions
- Write and contribute to proposals, reports, and research papers
- Identify the best approach / algorithms to solve a given use case
Jonas Lanhage Lyrheden, Manager Emerging Technologies & Architecture Sweden, Phone +46 739 021251
Akademikerna – Therese Koggdal, +46 470 387855
Unionen - Jonas Ljungdahl, +46 31 3224985
Ledarna – Peter Svensson, +46 739 022687
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.