Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Embedded Software Systems (ESW)
Manufacturing Engineer that will ensure the Embedded Software (ESW) process is developed and implemented according to the Volvo global GTO standards and best practices, and secured with the goal of meeting plant KPI’s. Responsible for safety, quality, delivery, and cost of the production process, as well as projects/staff and competence development.
- The individual follows the direction of Industrial Engineering Systems Manager. Co-ordinates the business plan with peers
- Act as Project manager at the NRV truck assembly plant for software / truck system project introductions
- Serve in a Local Technical Specialist (LTS) leadership role at the NRV truck assembly plant in multiple global networks (including Embedded Software Systems, Dyno, Electronic Truck Technology and other required areas)
- Establish and maintain the optimum production methods, standards, tooling and equipment for all assigned products and processes
- Active participation in MTS network & Implement the GTO standards, process and best practices in plant
- Promote manufacturing safety and efficiency through implementation of method/process change, ergonomic application and safety awareness
- Develop cost saving proposals and improve productivity
- Development of future engineering solutions to lowest possible cost and with flexibility for product and volume changes
- Analyze and recommend manufacturing processes, equipment, gauging, and tooling towards zero defects
- Help train & develop technicians on ESW tools & systems
- Knowledge of the truck electronic architecture:
- Electronic Control Units (ECU) and peripheral input devices and output devices
- OBD II specification, DTCs
- Automotive communication protocol and standards (SAE, CAN)
- Embedded software structure
- Truck electronics and wiring harnesses
- Wiring diagrams/schematic reading skills
- Knowledge of tools for measuring the electrical characteristics and diagnosing trucks wiring harnesses and digital data buses
- Knowledge of production tools and systems for embedded systems diagnostic and testing
- Truck roller dynamometer and road load simulation principles
- Truck active safety systems (ABS/EBS, Traction control, etc.): operation principals and testing methods
- Diagnostic services and communication with ECU’s for testing purposes
- General knowledge of PLC’s
- Good skills in C programming language
- Extensive knowledge of engineering concepts, manufacturing, the product, production standards and efficiency optimization tools; process oriented
- Project management skills
- Proven ability to visualize future opportunities, plan action items and lead team towards successful completion of company objectives
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles, resistance or ambiguity
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to manage change
- Proven ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan and following it through to successful completion
- Experience in a team-based environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses strong analytical skills and demonstrated focus on process and Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Excellent skills in Excel, Power Point and Word
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Electrical, Computer Science, Mechanical or Mechatronics preferred)
- Preferred: 5-7 years of manufacturing experience or equivalent with a focus on engineering and production.
- Preferred: Manufacturing experience within Embedded Software, testing tools and methods for Embedded Software.
- Preferred knowledge of Volvo and Mack production tools: PROSIT, PTI, VEPS, DYNO etc.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.