Intern: Manufacturing Engineering- Project Office (Summer 2020)
The Internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to promote the graduate’s career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for the Volvo Dublin, Virginia facility by working on important and innovative projects.
The internship role will start in May 18, 2020 and run until August 14, 2020 as a full-time position.
1. Project Presentations – Formal project presentations will be required to be presented to peers, management, and senior leaders within the organization.
2. Mentor Feedback – Throughout the entire summer experience, the mentor will provide verbal and written feedback on performance.
The focus for the summer will be on mapping out processes that are related to the project office. Currently there are several types of changes that are managed within the group, but there lacks a complete understanding with how these changes are to be executed. Mapping the processes will require working with members of several different departments due to the complexities associated with them, and this will ultimately give the student a broad understanding of new product introductions/modifications and project management.
Skill Set Requirements and Minimum Education Requirements:
- Applicants must be enrolled and pursuing an Engineering or Business undergraduate degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants should be interested in pursuing a professional career in a manufacturing facility upon graduation.
- Applicants should also have a working knowledge of CAD Programs, MSWord, MSExcel, and Statistical Analysis calculations. Experience with Visio is a plus.
- Summer interns can work up to 40 hours per week
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.