Senior Powertrain Supplier Development Engineer
Execute Volvo CE Purchasing Supplier Development programs in terms of projects, commodity and operational activities to reach a world class supplier performance in terms of Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Be an active member in SD team and provide inputs to Purchasing Department (including functions about CMT, PPD and Plant) to secure right supplier and right relationship
- Provide SD inputs into supplier selection and commodity strategy through evaluation of supplier’s capabilities (e.g. Supplier Evaluation Model and Capacity Management Audit)
- Ensure supplier fulfillment of general Volvo Group business requirements e.g. SEM, CSR, ISO-certificates, Reach etc.
- Manage and coordinate APQP activities for PWT projects (e.g engine, driveline parts..) to ensure right at the 1st time
- Actively contribute to problem solving of major supplier quality issues as required (within serial production and in the field) with 8D, 5 why, as well as other quality tools for root cause analysis and solution development & implementation.
- Proactively perform necessary activities using SD toolbox to ensure supplier QDC performance (e.g. RTS review, Process audits, Control Plan Audits, Capacity Audits etc.).
- Drive productivity improvement programs such as VPS/Lean, VA/VE etc. focusing on value stream improvement.
- Analyze regularly supplier QDC and Warranty performance versus agreed targets and drive continuous improvement actions
- Build and maintain trust-based and professional internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Work in accordance with the Volvo CE processes, systems, Volvo Way and Volvo Values and Behaviors, and contribute to build sustainable supplier base.
Main Tasks/ Responsibilities / Authorities: all applicable in the assigned region:
- To take the lead for all Supplier Development activities for OtD from the Start of Production, in terms of maintaining and improving suppliers QSCC performance.
- Work closely with the R&D, Buyer and plant based Logistics and QA Team to secure project APQP development.
- Be part of the product maintenance team and to take the lead in supplier related quality issue resolution.
- Perform efficiency programs to develop supplier efficiency in term of quality and capacity.
- Support CMT team to develop and realize sourcing strategy.
- Provide SD support for other regional purchasing team in local suppliers, in terms of problem solving, new part sourcing and development, and etc.
- Work in accordance with the Volvo CE processes, Volvo Way and Volvo Values, Volvo Group Code of Conduct and Behaviours
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- University degree in mechanical, electric & electronics, or other related industrial areas
- 6+ years related working experience in the automotive or Construction Equipment Manufacturing will be preferentially treated
- Strong proven technical process knowledge and/or expert in internal combustion engine, driveline system & components manufacturing (including machining, heat treatment, assembly and painting) discipline
- Expert in Quality management, Problem solving, collaboration and communication
- Fully proficient in Project Management, Strategic sourcing, Negotiation skills, Supplier relationship management, Driving change and Continuous improvement
- Product Development knowledge
- Proven ability to work effectively in an international and matrix organization and ability to manage and influence others
- Cross-commodity and international experience
- Strong communication skills in English, additional language skills a plus
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.