Intern: Business Controller (Summer 2020)
The purpose of this summer internship is to allow the student to prepare for their future by applying what was learned during coursework (theory, skill development, professionalism) to the working world. Summer internship will be provided extensive hands-on experience in their field of study. The Summer internship will work on important and innovative projects alongside our experienced staff.
- Assist with month-end financial reports and journal entries
- Creating annual/monthly/quarterly schedules
- Ensure accurate and timely financial performance analysis and reporting
- Help with accounts receivable, payable and bank statement reconciliation
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Manage the monthly tracking of our physical inventory
- As applicable to assigned business area, perform in-depth analysis of on-going operations
- Identify important trends, key risk, and opportunities for cost reduction and process improvement
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Self-starter; works independently; takes initiative
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Thrives in a team-based environment
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting and be enrolled in Fall 2020 classes
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Applicants must have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- Prefer a motivated rising Junior or Senior in good academic standing
- Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours or less per weak
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.