Intern: Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Summer 2020)
Do you feel you could be responsible for development and support of vehicle electrical power components and driver controls? Do you have a problem-solving mind and love to dive into challenging engineering problems? Want to dip your toes into the real world of vehicle engineering and development before you graduate? We seek an electrical or computer engineering student to work with our EEVC (Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity) Hardware and electrical components team to support ongoing product development and sustaining engineering efforts. This role will be responsible for advancing the development of ongoing engineering projects, as well as providing component level support for prototype development, quality initiatives, aftermarket, and manufacturing.
- Assist engineers with day-to-day development and support activities associated with electrical power networks, electrical power protection & distribution components, HMI controls, and sensor components installed throughout the vehicle
- Utilize Quality tools to troubleshoot issues, investigate and drive issues to root cause, brainstorm potential solutions, and support test efforts for verification/validation
- Collect and organize data in a manner that simplifies analysis by engineers, project managers, and engineering management
- Work individually or in small teams to advance development of departmental engineering projects directly or indirectly associated with product development
- Support sourcing activities as necessary to ensure Purchasing groups are fully supported
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook
- Comprehension of basic electrical AC & DC power systems fundamentals, in a vehicle context
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, analytic and critical thinking skills
- Organize large amounts of raw data to ease analysis for project managers and management
- Demonstrated proficiency with C programming highly desired
- Arduino and/or Raspberry PI experience desired, but not required
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing an engineering degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, or related field at an accredited school
- Have completed minimum of 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Customer focus
- Technical skills
- Ability to work equally well independently and in teams
- Action oriented
- Roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Integrity and trust
- Creative independent thinker that can also thrive in a large complex organization
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.