Intern – Logistics Purchasing (Summer 2020)
The Purchasing intern position will be responsible for working with the Logistics Purchasing Americas team, to support daily operations and projects, while learning about the sourcing process, supplier relationships, and the logistics services function in general.
Purpose of the Position:
The Purchasing internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group Production Logistics by working on projects for the Logistics Purchasing Americas group. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full-time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Group Logistics Services.
The internship position is for the Summer of 2020. Start date: May 18th 2020 ; End date: Aug,14th 2020.
- During the internship, the student will support Sourcing projects for Logistics Purchasing.
- Assist the Americas Buyers in activities related to data collection and report development for the logistics sourcing projects.
- Participate in supplier and internal team meetings.
- Standardized Work Documentation - Prepare and document the work analysis into standard templates.
- Sourcing Project Work Presentation- The sourcing project work will be reviewed and presented to Team Members and Managers to ensure that the organization understands the outcomes.
- Weekly Writing Assignments: Brief written summaries of the learning experiences and project updates will be required.
- Project Presentations: Formal project presentations will be required to be presented to peers, management, and senior leaders within the organization.
- Performance Feedback: Throughout the entire experience, the manager will provide verbal and written feedback on work performance. At the end of the internship, each intern will be given a formal written evaluation based on their work performance
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or a related field, at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants should be interested in pursuing a professional career in Logistics and/or Purchasing
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Customer Service
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours or less per week.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.