Graduate Program – Mechanical Engineer (M/F)
You start your career in the VOLVO group by this global 12-month Program which offers a mix on-the-job learning, intensive training modules and project work. Overall, you spend 75% on the job at your home site, and 25% in international training modules in Sweden, France, India and USA.
You will have a permanent position (CDI) from day 1 and you will be given a challenging hands-on role, working in a diverse, international and cross-disciplinary environment.
You can find all information about this program on the following link : https://www.volvogroup.com/en-en/careers/graduate-programs/engineering-graduate-program.html
Do you want to be part of a competent and passionate team within a leading company offering multiple career opportunities? Join us at Vehicule-Engineering at Lyon (Part of Volvo Group) as Mechanical Engineer for engine Chassis Technology Department.
WHO WE ARE?
Within Chassis Technology department, our team Powertrain Installation has the global responsibility to design and develop components and systems, from advanced engineering to maintenance, for all Volvo Group trucks business.
The Powertrain Installation team in Lyon is responsible for developing and maintaining the following components and systems for all truck applications within Volvo Group: cooling package/heat exchangers, expansion tank, electric coolant heater, vehicle thermal management system and noise strategy. We work in an international context, in close collaboration with the different engineering sites in Sweden, France, US, Brazil, India and Japan and with various suppliers with international footprint.
We are currently in an exciting phase of ramping up to be able to develop and deliver a lot of new technology to meet future market and legal demands. To achieve this and strengthen our team, we are now looking for a Mechanical Engineer to develop thermal management hardware components.
- Develop components of thermal management for mature application as well as emerging application such as electric vehicles
- Develop components to meet system and vehicle requirements while optimizing for efficiency, quality, cost, weight, manufacturability and serviceability
- Develop component and system requirements to create component specifications
- Develop and execute design verification plans and test methods
- Manage suppliers and projects
- Lead Advanced Engineering projects
WHO ARE YOU ?
- You are a person with broad technical interest, you have strong motivation in thermal management and refrigeration systems and curious to understand how these systems interact with your components
- Master of science or equivalent in mechanical engineering, knowledge of Heat Transfer, Thermodynamic, and Refrigeration Principles
- Structured way of working and ability to plan complex task
- Ability to work with a cross-functional network and in multicultural environment, possess excellent communication skills
- An ability to work independently, autonomy
- Fluent in English
We can offer you a dynamic and international working environment, a position within an enthusiastic and highly skilled team who work on cutting-edge technologies and innovative projects and strive to deliver high quality product.
ARE WE A PERFECT MATCH ?
While the position offers interestingly complex and challenging assignments, we are also proud to be part Volvo’s world class global culture where we value knowledge, career growth, prosperity with fun loving colleagues which makes us a great place to work for.
The final step of the recruitment process will take place May 12th 2020, please save the date.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.