Intern: Manufacturing Engineering (Summer 2020)
The intern position begins the summer of 2020 and the specific work days and hours will be flexible, but agreed upon with the hiring manager. Ideal candidate will be available to work 30 - 40 hours per week.
Satisfactory performance during this intern will lead to the intern being considered to continue in this role for the intern program in the fall of 2020.
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Bus by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns/coops and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Bus.
Brief Job Description:
- Participate in design and design reviews to ensure the manufacturability of systems
- Identify and coordinate with the engineering prototypes necessary to achieve an efficient and stable assembly
- Install files including design calculations, testing, prototyping, etc…
- Identify and approve manufacturing deliverables (eg Technical Notices, templates, validation points, etc.) within the time frames required
- Participate in optimization and cost reduction projects
- Perform project management that are focal points
- Contribute to standardize the concepts taking into account the state of the art and standards
- Support the group of industrial engineering in its tasks (EN Analysis, design workstations, etc)
- Support manufacturing engineering in optimizing operations
- Take part in determination of time standards
- Take part in operation sequencing and balancing
- Interact with electrical design engineering to resolve manufacturing and industrial issues
- Provide electrical engineering guidance and expertise to electrical technicians and production personnel
- Ensure and improve manufacturability with engineering technicians and Production personnel
- Ensure that all engineering documentation required by production is available and up to date (technical notices, procedures, work instructions, etc.)
- Update project list on a weekly basis (forecast/progress.)
- Draft action plans when necessary and ensure follow-up
- Support and participate in continuous improvement efforts
- Identify, design and provide in a timely manner equipment, tools and jigs required for production.
- Support engineering technicians in analyzing Design Changes, Technical Notes, engineering notices and attributing operation stations
- Applicants must be pursuing an Engineering degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours or be classified as a sophomore prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Project management software knowledge (Microsoft Office suite, Autocad, Inventor, Catia, etc.)
- Good communication skills
- Acute analytical skills
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
Volvo Buses is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electro-mobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.