Intern: Digital Solutions & Information Technology (Summer 2020)
VFS Americas is seeking a summer 2020 student intern and the candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Information Technology or Business Administration. The DS&IT intern for Volvo Financial Services Americas will report to the DS&IT Service Manager and be located in Greensboro, North Carolina. This summer, 2020 internship opportunity will start May 18th and end August 14th, 2020. This position will provide application support and service management activities as described below. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization.
Responsibilities / Main tasks / Targets:
The selected intern will focus on the following:
Service Delivery: Work within Application Support team as a support analyst providing first level support for business users & external dealers on the following tasks:
- Faros tasks: Provision user access
- Qlik View dashboard tasks
- OnBase Monthly Disk Group Monitoring
- SSRS Subscription additions
- WFS Dealer Setup/Welcome letters
- Chrome River access
- MVP tickets (PO additions, settlement file errors)
- Release Management schedule for projects, lifecycle management and technical upgrades
- Process improvements (invoice management, budget tracking and cost reduction efforts)
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's in Information Technology field, Business Administration or similar
- Must be pursuing their degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Summer interns are required to work 40 hours or less per week
- Applicant must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Have experience working in a corporate environment preferred (part time or internships are acceptable)
- One (1) year of experience in a technical customer support environment desired
- Experience with Salesforce is plus
- Experience with application lifecycle management
- Have experience prioritizing work effectively and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Have proven interpersonal communication skills
- Be at the Intermediate level in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
- Customer Service and Quality focused with emphasis on timely problem resolution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English); Spanish communication skills desired but not required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate system solutions to individuals with varying computer literacy
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Ability to work in the support of a team environment and autonomously as needed
- Action oriented: Full of energy for challenges and not fearful of acting. Seizes opportunities
- Dependable and detail oriented: Delivers agreed upon results on time and within scope. Places a high value on getting a job done right the first time
- Integrity and trust: Seen as a direct, truthful individual who presents facts in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences and admits mistakes
- Learns on the fly: Learns quickly when facing new challenges and is a versatile learner open to change and quickly grasps the essence of ideas. Self-directed with the ability to adjust in a dynamic environment
- Resourceful: Asks questions and seeks answers with a curious mind. Acts with ‘next-level’ thinking
- Peer relationships: Can solve problems with peers and is seen as a team player who easily gains trust and support and encourages collaboration. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish
- Self-development: Personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/her
- Standing alone: Can be counted on and is willing to be the only champion for an idea or work alone on an assignment
- Technical learning: Can learn new skills and knowledge quickly and is good at learning a new industry, company, product, or technology
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.