Intern: Software Engineer (Summer 2020)
Aftermarket Technology provides Volvo Trucks, Renault Trucks, Mack Trucks, UD Trucks, VECV and partly Volvo Construction Equipment, Volvo Bus and Volvo Penta with the best possible solutions supporting their aftermarket business. Thanks to our deep technical, business and customer knowledge, we deliver solutions and services for the salesmen, the mechanics and parts personnel at dealerships and other service points such as Spare Parts Assortment, Parts Information, Diagnostics and Repair Information, Service Planning and supporting systems solutions and tools. In Aftermarket Technology we aim at securing that Volvo Group Truck vehicles can be easily maintained to secure uptime. Aftermarket Technology teams are working close to engineering functions as well as to end customers and are located in Hagerstown, Greensboro, Lyon, Gothenburg, Curitiba, Ageo, Bangalore and Brisbane.
Job Summary:We are looking for an intern with experience in software design, coding and debugging. This knowledge is essential for all applicants. Experience gained in the classroom and through personal application will be accepted.
- Good programming knowledge , e.g. writing reusable scripts for data analysis
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree Computer Science, Information Technology Management, or Data Analytics at an accredited school
- Have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- Graduate student is preferred
- Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours or less per week
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Applicants should have excellent analytical and math skills, with the ability to work in teams. We are looking for students majoring in Computer Science, Information Technology Management, or Data Analytics at an accredited school.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
This intern reports to the Group Manager – Diagnostics Engineering, Group trucks technology
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.