Intern: Base Engine (Summer 2020)
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Powertrain by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns/coops and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Powertrain.
Assist engineers with component testing, system testing, data analysis, and reporting. Tests may include stationary rigs, test cell, or vehicle testing. Base Engine system components include Cylinder block, Cylinder head, Camshaft, Valvetrain, Crankshaft, Connecting rods, Pistons, Oil systems, Cooling systems, Flywheel housings, Flywheels, PTO, FEAD and belt drives, Gaskets, Seals and Fasteners. The goal is to work independently by mid-term and complete several small projects within the timeframe allowed. Assignments should provide good hands-on experience in several diesel engine technology areas.
Duties may include:
- Report Generation and data analysis
- Support chassis and/or test cell work and/or bench testing
- Generate and prepare design work orders and design reviews
- Collect, collate, and maintain design review data
- Define/coordinate prototype part control plan (what is to be measured by supplier)
- Manage purchase requisition through authorization process
- Coordinate component specific test: Instrumentation request, test location, Test Tech Coordination, (GHOST) and collect data
- Analyze test data for Engineer review
- Synthesize component durability test hours (in cell or on bench)
- Define, coordinate and analyze component measurements for Engineer review
- Data input and information extraction from electronic systems (eg., KOLA, TIKA…)
- Document detailed component related information
- Attention to details required when identifying a root cause to a specific problem or situation
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Mechanical Engineering degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- Interns can work up to 40 hours per week
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.