Intern: Finance & Business Control/Sales Operations (Summer 2020)
To support profitable business growth efforts for Region Americas, the Finance department oversees the overall financial management of the company, including financial strategies, planning, budgeting and reporting and financial control systems.
We are now looking for an Intern: Finance & Business Control Support/Sales Operations to join us here in Chesapeake, Virginia from May 18 – August 14, 2020 to help us ensure our objectives are met for our year-end goals! This internship role will provide you with an opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment.
What is the Job?
As an intern supporting our Finance & Business Control department in our Sales Operations team, some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Project work to improve financial and operational reporting.
- Working to maintain and improve accuracy of customer master data.
- Support in preparation of presentation material for Executive meetings and internal management meetings.
- Assisting in organizing and preparing consolidated monthly estimates for Region Americas.
- Performing miscellaneous office duties (organization of files, coordinating meetings, etc.).
- Assisting with miscellaneous special projects.
As an intern working with Sales Operations team, you will be afforded the opportunity to work with some exceptionally skilled colleagues as well as experience some truly exciting challenges that will benefit you both professionally and personally.
Do you have a creative mind and have excellent storytelling skills?
To be successful in this role, you will need excellent organizational skills and an acute attention to detail. You will also need an eagerness to learn, ability to work independently, and a have readiness for responsibility.
Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook is required as is experience with using and running several database programs. Knowing how to use basic office equipment—phone, copier, fax, etc.—is necessary.
As you will be acting as a representative of Volvo Penta of the Americas, excellent communication is necessary, as is the need for fluency in speaking and writing English, in order to connect successfully with internal and external stakeholders at different levels of the organization locally, nationally, and globally.
Education & Experience Must Haves:
This position requires that the candidate is doing the following:
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree—Bachelor of Art or Science in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or Supply Chain Logistics/Management—at an accredited school and must have completed at minimum at least 30 semester hours of coursework prior to the start of the internship to include having completed an introductory-level course in Accounting
- Maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or higher is required in order to qualify for this position
- When applying to this position, please keep in mind that you must be a current student who is scheduled to graduate after May 2020
- Having a background in finance and/or supply chain management preferred
- You must be able to start the program on Monday, May 18, 2020
- You may be required to travel to our facility in Suffolk
- You must provide your own reliable transportation to work as well as your own living arrangements in the local area
Are you ready to join an award-winning team?
We were recently awarded “A Great Place to Work” certification two years in a row and our employees can attest that Volvo Penta is a great place to work! We experience relationships built on trust and respect, change and innovation, passion, exceptional performance, and a strong commitment to customer success!
All Volvo Group North America internships are compensated with a competitive salary. Students can also take advantage of various employee discounts.
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become an Intern with our Finance & Business Control/Sales Operations team. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.