Intern: Purchasing (Summer 2020)
The aftermarket segment mission is to create long-term business relationships with customers resulting in repeat business and new business from referrals due to superior customer satisfaction. The role of Global Aftermarket, which includes Purchasing, is to support engine segment aftermarket demands, contribute and secure achievement of the overall vision and strategic objectives of Volvo Penta.
We are now looking for an Intern: Purchasing to join us here in Chesapeake, Virginia from May 18 – August 14, 2020 to help us ensure our objectives are met for our year-end goals! This internship role will provide you with an opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment.
What is the Job?
As an intern supporting our Purchasing department, some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Supporting sourcing projects for Region Americas.
- Assisting the Americas purchasers in activities related to data collection and report development for the logistics sourcing projects.
- Participating in supplier and internal team meetings.
- Performing standardized work documentation to include preparing and documenting the work analysis into standard templates.
- Sourcing Project Work Presentation-The Sourcing
Are you analytical and good at time management?
We are committed to our customers and the success of Volvo Penta. To be successful in this role, you will need excellent organizational skills and an acute attention to detail. An eagerness to learn, readiness for responsibility, and having the ability to work independently, are all major pluses.
Being proficient in using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook is also a plus.
In addition, excellent communication and presentation skills are necessary as is the need for fluency in speaking and writing English in order to communicate successfully with internal and external stakeholders at different levels of the organization locally, nationally, and globally.
Education & Experience Must Haves:
This position requires that the candidate is doing the following:
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree—Bachelor of Art or Science in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management—at an accredited school and must have completed at minimum at least 30 semester hours of coursework prior to the start of the internship.
- Maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or higher is required in order to qualify for this position.
- When applying to this position, please keep in mind that you must be a current student who is scheduled to graduate after May 2020.
- Summer interns can work up to 40 hours.
Other Must Haves:
- You must be able to start the program on Monday, May 18, 2020.
- You must provide your own transportation to work as well as your own living arrangements in the local area.
Are you ready to join a team?
We were recently awarded “A Great Place to Work” certification two years in a row and our employees can attest that Volvo Penta is a great place to work! We experience relationships built on trust and respect, change and innovation, passion, exceptional performance, and a strong commitment to customer success!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become an Intern: Purchasing Support with our team. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.