Android Software Architect
Are you an experienced Android developer with passion for software architecture? Do you want to work in the heart of world-leading Android development in the automotive industry? Will you feel great about being the role model in keeping the code clean then you are the right person!
We welcome you in our open culture. We promise you a lot of opportunities to grow and learn. We are a great team with competent and easy-to-talk to colleagues. If you are keen in developing Android - this is your place! Our Android based apps and service are market-leading and we use bleeding-edge technologies in our daily work. We team up with Google and other big players and we grow rapidly – there are a lot of opportunities for you to learn and self-develop. Our area is fast, furious and fun!
We are now looking for an Android Software architect for one of our agile teams that can be a part of driving and develop our Entertainment and Connected Services (EACS) Software teams & products into the future.
The mission & context:
- You will develop and maintain our in-house SW (Java and Kotlin) as a developer and architect. The target is to work ~50/50 as architect/developer
- You will lead the team in developing software with high quality
- You will be part of continuously develop the processes, methods and tools that are used by the teams to improve our knowledge
- You will be team representative in developing the complete EACS SW architecture together with the other architects
- You will be part of the biggest digital transformation in the automotive industry
- You will have a lot of opportunities to grow
We are looking for a colleague who has proven experience as an Android software developer and architectural leader. It is important that you have an innovative and creative mind-set in order to inspire and challenge your organization to improve. You also have a true can do attitude, a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your team & products, understanding how these contribute to the our vision, strategy & roadmap.
We believe this is a position for a person that has the ability to work under demanding conditions and can create a successful working climate in these situations. As a person, you have a broad technical know-how combined with very good people skills and a strong belief in agile methods. This includes that you have excellent prioritization skills and the ability to pave the road ahead. Lastly, if you have a strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams – you are our perfect match.
The main responsibilities are:
- Secure that the software is developed in line with applicable technology strategies according to stipulated processes, methods and tools
- Participate in relevant concept selections & investigations
- Coach and lead the team members regarding architectural matters
- Participate and contribute in retrospective meetings, sprint reviews
- Secure knowledge sharing regarding architecture, strategies and roadmaps in the agile team and EACS
- Support in developing processes, methods, tools and standards related to Android SW development for EACS at Vehicle Connectivity
- Take an active role in enhancing EACS as an agile development organization
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Electronics or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience from android SW development
- Minimum 6 years of experience from SW development
- Understanding of excellent SW development practices e.g. XP practices Test Driven development, CI&CD, Code Review, Pair Programming, User Stories, Storytelling etc. is meriting
- Highly valued is android full stack development capabilities
- Knowledge in the Android platform and the fundamentals of application development and the paradigms around it
- Have an open multi-brand and multi-cultural mindset
- Have good communication skills
- Experience of agile methods, such as SCRUM, KANBAN & XP
- Be business and customer oriented
- Have excellent prioritization skills and ability to eliminate roadblocks
- Have an inspiring leadership and find it rewarding to manage co-workers to perform their best in a successful working climate
- Experience in Jenkins, GIT, Jira, Artifactory & Python is meriting
- Experience in Web communication (REST/JSON/web sockets...) is meriting
- Experience in Cyber security, PKI, SELinux/SEAndroid is meriting
- Experience in Android Testing Frameworks such as Espresso and Squish is meriting
- Experience of SW development in automotive (truck or car) industry is meriting
- Experience of SW development within the area of connected services is meriting
Johan Wirén, Manager EACS Software 3, phone +46 31 322 58 17
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.