Intern: Controls Engineer (Summer 2020)
We are currently looking for students to work with our maintenance team as a Controls Engineering intern. You should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of controls engineering. As a valued member of the maintenance engineering team within GTO, you will have the opportunity to apply your engineering education directly to the powertrain production process and to the development of innovative maintenance technologies. While maintaining a continuous improvement mindset, and keeping a focus on increasing efficiency and improving data quality, you will work closely with the other members of the team to further develop and implement a means of automatically collecting and analyzing machine condition data. GTO’s goal is to contribute to your development, as well as providing an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry.
- Create and modify electrical schematics as required for project completion
- Hands-on programming and control device configuration as required
- Data analysis and quality improvement
- Establish standardized evaluation, review, and usage cases for data collected
- Participate in project planning, implementation and improvements
- Assist with Plant Summer Shutdown planning activities
- Participate in functional meetings.
- Good attitude & continuous improvement mindset are critical to performing daily activities in this engineering role
- Help facilitate continuous improvement and identify opportunities on your own to implement
- Drive lean methodology
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Internship Education and Program Requirements:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing an Engineering Degree.
- Preferred specializations are electrical engineering, controls engineering, mechatronics, systems engineering, or a related discipline at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Summer interns can work up to 40 hours per week.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.