Quality Embedded Software Engineer
Able to support and provide training guidance as needed as an specialist as an Electrical/Embedded Software Instructor for the facility. Performs product development activities including drawing board layout and interpretation and implementation of customer specifications and documentation requirements. Provides existing product line support in design activities and/or modification of hardware in production. Conducts engineering studies and may assign work to technical drafting staff. At this level, assignments are moderately complex and require use of initiative and judgement. Requires a Bachelor’s degree and one to four years of experience. Willing and able to support and provide training guidance as needed.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (*Essential Functions)
- Provides training to “train the trainers” on work instructions, best practices and overall electrical application knowledge with the production line supervision/facilitators and others as instructed
- Is responsible for Electrical and Mechanical Training Documentation to DOT, Volvo, and ISO Standards with Projects and normal Production support
- Performs product development activities including drawing board layout and interpretation and implementation of customer specifications and documentation requirements and develop training materials for training
- Provides production line support in training of use of hardware in production. May prepare mechanical engineering studies, specifications and cost estimates
- Prepares preliminary and detailed design drawings using the Auto Cad or Pro/Engineer CAD package and directs the work of technicians as required and able to train/instruct the workforce as assigned
- Is responsible for work assignments, scheduling, and work reviews.
- Develops and monitors control systems
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in Mechanical/and or Electrical Engineering Program
- One to four years of on the job experience
- Proven Mechanical/Electrical/Embedded Software, analytical, and technical skills
- Proven administrative, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work as an individual contributor or team player
- Knowledge of ISO Standards
- Knowledge of the application of Microsoft Office Suite Tools
- ASQC Certified preferred
- Instruction experience preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle. The employee is occasionally required to walk/climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Generally works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. Noise level in the work environment maybe moderate to loud.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.