Application Engineer-Marine Sales
Volvo Penta is responsible for the sale and support of a full range of solutions, serving an entire ecosystem of partners from OEMs, dealers and end-customers. The company’s marine portfolio encompasses both gasoline and diesel propulsion offerings, which all align with its Easy Boating philosophy of making the boating experience easier and more accessible for all. Highlights include the revolutionary Inboard Performance System (IPS), Joystick, Forward Drive and more.
Our newest addition to Volvo Penta’s marine portfolio is Seven Marine. In 2017, Volvo Penta acquired premium outboard motor manufacturer Seven Marine and has since fully integrated the company into the Volvo Penta organization. Today, all Seven Marine engines are produced in Volvo Penta’s wholly-owned manufacturing facility in Lexington, Tennessee and an engineering office remains at the former Seven Marine headquarters in Germantown, Wisconsin.
We are now looking for an Application Engineer – Marine Sales to join our high-performing Marine Applications Engineering team in Chesapeake, Virginia!
What is the Job?
As an Application Engineer-Marine Sales, you will provide technical sales support for marine outboard engine applications in addition to diesel and gas propulsion systems. You will also be the technical liaison between engine sales and the engineering team during new product development projects. Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Interfacing with OEM boat builders and boat dealers to integrate Volvo Penta propulsion products and control systems into new and re-powered boats.
- Providing hands-on training to OEM personnel to properly install Volvo Penta propulsion systems, and assisting with diagnosing and solving product installation issues.
- Conducting sea trials of new engine installations to verify correct product application and installation.
- Performing hull design and propulsion performance technical reviews.
- Collaborating with sales team to understand customer requirements and develop BOM’s (bill of material) for propulsion packages.
As an Application Engineer-Marine Sales, you will be afforded the opportunity to work with some exceptionally skilled colleagues and experience some truly exciting challenges that will benefit you both professionally and personally.
Are you interested in the marine industry and outboard engines? Here’s the experience, knowledge and skills you need to be successful in this role:
- Experience with outboard propulsion systems and installations.
- Experience with naval architecture principles of hull-design.
- Familiarity with the various stages of boat building including design, prototyping, production, design verification, etc.
- A good understanding of boat systems including marine electronics and navigation, fuel systems, steering systems and control systems.
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently with little or no supervision.
In addition, excellent communication and presentation skills are necessary as is the need for fluency in speaking and writing English in order to communicate successfully with internal and external stakeholders at different levels of the organization locally, nationally, and globally.
Education & Experience:
This position requires the following:
- A 4-year Bachelor’s degree in engineering, naval architecture; or, a technical background equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in the marine industry.
Are you ready to join our team?
We were recently awarded “A Great Place to Work” certification two years in a rows, and our employees can attest that Volvo Penta is a great place to work! We experience relationships built on trust and respect, change and innovation, passion, exceptional performance, and a strong commitment to customer success!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become the next Application Engineer-Marine Sales with our award-winning team. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.