Intern: Logistics Project Management (Summer 2020)
Position Description Summary:
The Project Management Intern will be responsible for providing analytical support to Project Managers and/or driving small projects related to aftermarket logistics.
Purpose of the Position:
The Project Management internship role will provide a student with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to promote the student’s career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group Service Market Logistics North America (SML NA) by supporting and/or driving projects for the Projects department. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full-time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Group SML NA.
The internship position is for the Summer of 2020, and the specific work days and hours will be flexible, but agreed upon with the hiring manager.
- Analyze logistics data including, but not limited to, inbound and outbound transportation, packaging, warehousing, logistics administration for purchased material, products, and parts from supplier to end customer.
- Create dashboards using data analytics for projects KPI’s and overall project status.
- Further enhance the Projects department SharePoint for the best communication tool for both internal SML and other Volvo Group project stakeholders.
- Assist Project Managers in day-to-day project management tasks: schedule, facilitate, and follow-up project team meetings and tasks, preparation of project documentation, etc…
- Prepare and present formal presentations to colleagues and management.
- Writing Assignments: Brief written summaries of the learning experiences and project updates may be required.
- Performance Feedback: Throughout the entire experience, the manager will provide verbal and written feedback on work performance. At the end of the internship, each intern will be given a formal written evaluation based on their work performance.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Logistics/Supply Chain Management, Project Management or a related field, at an accredited school.
- Applicants should be interested in pursuing a professional career in Logistics and Supply Chain Management and/or Project Management.
- Applicant must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship and have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicant should be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint).
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills, with experience in a teamwork environment
- Presentation skills
- Understanding of basic logistics and supply chain concepts
This internship will require up to 40 hours per week during the Summer 2020 semester, with the specific working schedule to be agreed upon with the hiring manager.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.