Co-Op: Electrical Engineering (Fall 2020)
- Work with design engineers to complete electrical engineering tasks, including design, prototyping and testing
- Assist assignment leader with day to day activities
- Update electrical schematics and wiring harness designs
- Perform hands-on troubleshooting of electrical and electronic systems
- Utilize CAD (Creo) to create solid models, drawings and engineering documentation
- Help assignment leader modify machine bills of material (BoMs)
- Support assignment leader in release of design change notifications (DCNs)
- Interpret engineering documentation and data to solve problems - experience with reading and creating electrical schematics is a plus
- Create and update engineering documentation for design releases, including drawings, CAD models and wiring schematics
- Design and modify electrical and electronic components using CAD software
- Build and test prototype designs to prove out concepts
- Perform hands-on troubleshooting of electrical systems on construction machinery
- Present completed work to team in design reviews
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or related field and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- Completion of 2+ years of engineering schooling from an accredited university (Bachelor's program) or 1+ years of engineering schooling from an accredited university (Master's program)
- Previous experience working with off-road equipment is a plus
- Ability to relocate to Shippensburg, PA for duration of co-op
- Must be able to sit at a desk or stand at an assigned location and work continuously for extended periods of time utilizing assigned office equipment
- Candidate should have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to walk through the production facility to work with manufacturing personnel
- Must be able to operate and test machines or components
- At times may lift materials weighing up to 40 pounds
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.