District Finance Manager II
- Meets or exceeds established quotas for “Retail Volume” in loan and lease volumes
- Meets or exceeds “Dealer Penetration” goals which is defined as the number of new Volvo machines financed as a percentage of new Volvo machines delivered to the end user for a given territory
- Effectively manages the overall territory through analysis of potential dealer and customer opportunities
- Develops actionable and measurable territory plans to achieve targeted goals
- Maintains direct contact and interaction with VCE field representatives to maintain effective working relationships to support VCE OEM and dealer sales goals as well as provide insight and promote teamwork in order for the DFM to meet or exceed VFS sales objectives
- Supports Volvo Construction Equipment’s efforts on conquest and targeted customers by team selling and bundling of machine sales with our financial services
- Proactive and accountable in opportunity and pipeline management within Salesforce
- Actively participates as a member of the VFS USA Construction Financial Services team to share best practices and procedures and serve our customers and dealers in the best possible way
- Role Model for all Volvo Group and VFS employee practices and policies including, but not limited to, “The Volvo Way”, the Volvo Group Code of Conduct, Travel and Entertainment and Company Car policies
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Marketing or closely related; master’s degree a plus
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Financial Services
- Proven success in sales/marketing, strategic forecasting, planning and implementation
- Experience developing and implementing strategic Marketing Action Plan (MAP) sales strategies
- Knowledge and experience in the construction equipment industry
- Expertise in financial analysis including ability to analyze dealer financial statements and operations
- Work experience structuring and negotiating finance transactions
- Strong skills in financing capital equipment and related business law requirements
- Understands the principles of leasing; tax aspects, cash management, off-balance sheet, and lease versus buy decision making
- Displayed problem solving and customer service skills in a financial products environment
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com or similar CMS product
- Proficiency with SuperTrump (or similar finance/lease pricing tools)
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Office
- Direct experience working in a professional environment where sound business judgment, attention to detail, a fast pace and a flexible and adaptable approach are valued
- Effective level of ambition and ability to understand team and corporate objectives
- Experience in an environment with a focus on customer service and process improvement
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective presentation skills.
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English; additional languages a plus
The required competencies, skills and behaviors listed below are critical for the DFM role and employees of VFS USA.
The following core competencies and behaviors are paramount when evaluating the processes that a District Finance Manager must use to achieve success in quantifiable results:
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer centric solutions.
- Instills trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty integrity, and authenticity.
- Collaborates: building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Tech Savvy: Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
Volvo Group offers a very comprehensive employment package that includes a competitive base salary and a broad range of benefits such as medical/dental/vision, 401k, earned time off/vacation, Employee Assistance Program, profit sharing, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement and employee discounts.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.