Business Translator - Volvo Group Connected Solutions
Do you want to be part of a global organisation with more than 700 dedicated colleagues, leading the development of the Volvo Group’s connected services and solutions? For us “connected for efficiency, sustainability and safety” is much more than a tag-line. If this sounds interesting to you, keep on reading!
At Volvo Group Connected Solutions we work at the forefront of connectivity with data from more than 1 000 000 Volvo Group customer assets. Together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group we create real value, not only for our customers but also for society at large.
This is us, your new colleagues
Our Center of Excellence (CoE) for Advanced Analytics & AI has the purpose of unleashing the value of data collected from the connected customer assets. Our team provide actionable insights to predict and optimize Volvo Group operations, as well as generating new value for our customers, by applying the latest advanced analytics techniques.
We are now looking for a Business Translator to our Advanced Analytics & AI team. As a member of the team you will work close with our skilled Data Scientists to unleash the value of data.
As Business Translator your main responsibility is to understand business challenges and identify opportunities for data-driven exploration based on connected vehicle data, with the aim of creating valuable insights, optimizing operations in the Volvo Group, as well as improving the performance of our customers. You will play a key role in identifying, quantifying and driving new opportunities within the Advanced Analytics & AI area, working closely together with cross functional teams within the Volvo Group.
As Business Translator, your key responsibilities are:
- Work close with business stakeholders to understand challenges where Advanced Analytics methods and tools can be leveraged to drive business value from data
- Drive Center of Excellence focus areas and pro-actively explore data driven opportunities
- Act as a bridge between business stakeholders and our data scientists
- Initiate, plan and drive Advanced Analytics efforts together with cross functional teams within the Volvo Group as well as external partners
- Contributing to insights and new data-driven exploration, from idea generation to deployment
We believe the successful candidate has operational experience from working with data-driven exploration in a global business environment, preferably within IoT and the transportation sector. Ability to think innovatively, creativity, personal credibility and integrity are crucial characteristics. You are a social person that enjoys working with others in flexible and agile teams, and your focus is creating true customer value using data as a key enabler.
To qualify for this role, you should have:
- Experience from data-driven problem analysis, discovering insights and delivering recommendations to solve business challenges
- Familiarity with applied advanced analytics methods and use cases. Hands-on experience from modelling and coding is considered a plus
- Proven track record of leading diverse and cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Humour; because, in the end, working in the CoE team should be fun
You will be part of a fantastic Data Science team that are driven by value and powered by AI.
We use our analytics superpowers together with the latest techniques to gain new actionable insight and to bring Volvo Group into the future, and have fun when doing so. We are a passionate team where we support and complement each other to unleash the value of data.
Welcome to the heart of connectivity at Volvo Group Connected Solutions!
Want to know more? Contact us!
Robert Valton, Director of Advanced Analytics & AI, +46 31 322 76 14
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization that leads the development of Volvo’s connected services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 1 000 000 Volvo customer assets. The organization is set-up to deliver competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena for new service innovations together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group.
Come and visit us online!
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.