Regional Sales Manager-Marine Commercial
Volvo Penta is responsible for the sales of an entire range of marine engines—both leisure and commercial, to our OEMs and boatbuilders within the Americas.
We are now looking for Regional Sales Manager to join our amazing Marine Commercial Sales team headquartered in Chesapeake, Virginia. Due to the proximity and concentration of Volvo Penta National Accounts and prospects, this position can be Florida-, Texas-, or Gulf Coast- based.
What is the Job?
As a Regional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of individual National Accounts/OEMs and Power Center Marketing Plans designed to ensure optimum Volvo Penta marine diesel market share objectives at contracted and potential leisure diesel OEMs and Power Centers.
Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Professionally and proactively conducting consultative marketing and sales calls, engaging all disciplines within the OEM national account’s organization, and being adept at identifying key decision-makers within the national account
- Assisting in the development of corporate marketing plans via input from national accounts. Such input may include:
- Pricing and competitive analysis
- Competitive product initiatives
- Customer product/change request and input
- Recommend advertising and marketing materials to support plan
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of current sales and product programs
- Report on industry or market trends
- Assist in development of effective training program for OEMs’ and Power Center sales personnel
- Ensuring North American unit sales goals are met monthly, quarterly and annually
- Assisting our Power Centers in developing a rolling three-year Business Plan
- Monitoring Power Center activities to ensure that contractual (Power Center Agreement) requirements are met
Are you GREAT at relationship building and tenacious at problem solving?
To be successful in this role, you will need exceptional business acumen that encompasses overall knowledge of sales, finance, marketing, and advertising and promotions. We would also like for you to have familiarity with engineering, manufacturing, parts, service support, and inventory control. Being well-versed in the diesel marine industry, particularly leisure boats, definitely helps.
In addition, excellent communication and presentation skills are necessary as is the need for fluency in speaking and writing English in order to communicate successfully with internal and external stakeholders at different levels of the organization locally, nationally, and globally.
As you will be out and about traveling for this position, being internet savvy is greatly required as are better-than-beginner skills in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
Education & Experience:
This position requires the following:
- A 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field; or equivalent OEM sales experience
- 7-10 years’ experience in selling/sales, preferably OEM sales
- Experience as an OEM National Account Manager desirable
- Experience with diesel marine engines companies/boat builders
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), a plus
We were recently awarded “A Great Place to Work” certification two years in a rows, and our employees can attest that Volvo Penta is a great place to work! We experience relationships built on trust and respect, change and innovation, passion, exceptional performance, and a strong commitment to customer success!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become a Regional Sales Manager with our Marine Commercial Sales team. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.