Co-op: Control Systems Engineering (Fall 2020)
Students are an integral part of the Product Development team and will be afforded the opportunity to work on assignments that are both technically challenging and educationally stimulating. With operations in Sweden, France, Japan, North and South America, we offer an educational experience that will introduce students to a global way of working. Duties May Include
- Analyzing component parts and assemblies to assist/provide input in determining the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems
- Coordinates activities with other departments within the Company, on a limited basis as necessary
- Project management activities
- Complete simulation on Powertrain systems
- Verification of embedded software functions
- Provide engineering support assistance for quality issues as required
- Miscellaneous technical data generation, analysis, and reporting
- Issues written and oral reports
- Assist team in identifying process improvements
- Support of component and system test activities
- Create spreadsheets and flow charts in support of staff projects
- Perform other routine engineering duties as assigned
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems
- Quality Advocate: Respect for the quality process, quality values, and the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices
- Communication: Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of computer applications software
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a/an Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Engineering degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit from the University for their co-op period
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic course courses during their co-op period
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.