National Major Account Manager
As an experienced commercial account manager, you will create meaningful relationships and develop trust with our customers while leading a national team of contracts and major accounts professionals. This position reports to the General Manager Volvo Buses and will form part of the established leadership team.
Volvo Buses is one of the world’s leading brands of buses and coaches, operating in more than 85 countries. We are driven by a passion to help create the cities of the future, free from congestion, emissions and noise. Our mission is to help operators and communities offer people safe, clean and efficient transportation to and from work, around the city or across the continent. We do so by striving to be the ultimate provider of sustainable transport solutions.
About the role:
- Manage, develop and lead a team of contracts and major accounts professionals to ensure tender success, sales outcomes, compliance to and management of contracts for State and Federal governments
- Take the lead on all new tender requests including drafting, document compilation and submission process
- Manage all government contracts and major accounts including monitoring of the vehicle design process, on-time completed sales orders and reporting activity
- Maintain a quality document management system
- Oversee investigations into technical issues to create settlements and agreement as required
- Manage Volvo Buses policy statements on technical and commercial matters
- Tertiary qualified in Business or Marketing
- Minimum of 8+ years commercial key account management experience gained in a relevant industry
- Minimum of 5+ years leading and developing teams with a focus on execution of projects
- Previous experience in developing and managing contracts and tender administration
- Possess a solid commercial understanding of the Australian Bus / transport industry
- Experienced with developing relationships and partnerships with government/major customers, dealers, bodybuilders or associated industry
- Possess a high attention to detail and accuracy to maintain quality records for all contracts and tender documents
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Hold a flexible approach to work commitments as national travel will be a requirement of this role.
- Volvo Bus and Coach product knowledge and technical expertise would be advantageous however not mandatory
- Qualifications in Project Management would be highly regarded however not essential.
- Established leadership team
- Modern open plan offices, perfect for collaborative working
- Competitive remuneration including company vehicle
- Career development with access to Volvo Group University
- Salary sacrifice fifth week of annual leave
- Service recognition
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of Retailers.
- Supportive and family-friendly team culture focused on diversity and equality
- A strong commitment to safety, quality and service
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program including complimentary fresh fruit and physio consultations
- Discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental.
At VGA, we are committed in offering our employees a flexible work environment and for the right candidate this position may be based at our offices in Sydney or Brisbane. Interstate travel will be required for this position.
Volvo Buses is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electro-mobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.