Technical Specialist / Support Engineer IBMi (iSeries)
Tired of having a lot of good ideas but not the power to change?
At Volvo Group we don’t only have great coffee; we also listen to our employees and encourage them to try new ways to find innovative solutions.
If you thrive in leading change and you are able to contribute to a climate of cross functional teamwork where everyone is accountable and proud of the products and solutions, then we are hoping you to join our team.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES:
GDS (Global Dealer System) team has full responsibility of onetime (cost, scope, quality) and runtime deliveries (SLA fulfillment, cost, quality of service) in that scope. We are global team spread on 3 locations, Poland, UK, Sweden. GDS is recognized as Volvo’s core’ solution and is financially critical. Solution is used in 35 markets, by 15000+ users. Our goal is to make sure that requirements through development process become new business functionalities and are available on production environment.
You will provide comprehensive technical support to architects, support analysts, business analysts, application developers and testers. You will perform analysis, development and maintenance associated with technical procedures required for the implementation, maintenance and support of the IBMi (iSeries/AS400) solutions
Maintain development and test environments
Package and distribute releases to AOM (Application Operational Management)
Liaise with AOM to support test and production environments
Configure, maintain and support Software change management tool (Turnover)
Manage and support development client code repository on SVN / GIT
Support for Application Testing – both System Test and Regression Tests
Manage and support Translation (Catalyst)
Assist 3rd level support team and AOM with production incidents
Publish Technical Documentation
Lead various Application optimization and continues improvement initiatives
WHO ARE YOU?
- You need to work well as part of a larger team of globally distributed IT professionals
- You should be able to work to deadlines, taking responsibility for your deliverables
- You have an analytical mindset, an attention to detail and you take a logical approach to solving problems
- You are structured, innovative and have a strong customer focus in combination with a business oriented attitude
- You must be adaptable and willing to learn, and proactive in your learning
- Since you are part of a global unit, with global responsibilities, you will need to actively cooperate with various stakeholders and navigate with ease in a multicultural environment
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
- Experience in IBMi (iSeries/AS400) platform strongly preferred
- RPG & CL experience desirable
- Databases and SQL
- Library and file structure
- Understanding of job logs and messages
- Knowledge of integration technologies desirable
- Global experience preferred
- Good business understanding, retail knowledge/experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills including clear, unambiguous written and spoken English
- Experience of the Systems Development Life Cycle an advantage
What makes us special?
- Collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture
- Responsible and challenging tasks with access to the latest tools and technology
- Partnership with professionals, identified career paths including global opportunities
- International projects in company with certain recognition on the market
- Comprehensive introduction training package with mentor’s support
- Friendly workplace: modern campus with many facilities – medical center, restaurant, lunch rooms, sport/leisure area (football, basketball, tennis)
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.