Manager Substances Of Concern (SOC)
We are guided by the Volvo Group’s mission of driving prosperity through transport solutions.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT) is the Volvo Group division that develops the technology and technical solutions our business areas provide to our customers, today and in the future.
Working at the Volvo Group means working to create a sustainable future for our society.
We are now looking for a manager for Substances of Concern (SOC)
This is us, your new colleagues
The Corporate Standards department is a Volvo Group-common resource organized within Group Trucks Technology, with the mission to secure consistent quality and reduce product costs through standardization. We are also responsible for ensuring that Volvo Group Trucks have the necessary processes and tools to ensure that our products comply with applicable legislation and our ambitions when it comes to substances of concern. You will be part of an enthusiastic team that provides expertise and advice in a variety of technical areas. We perform our work in close cooperation with our stakeholders in engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, etc.
In this position, you will be responsible for coordinating the management of SOC within the Volvo Group. You will advocate, monitor, and support the organisation in its efforts to enforce compliance regarding substances of concern in our products. You will lead our efforts to develop phase-out roadmaps and strategies to ensure SOC compliance in Volvo Group products, taking due consideration to both legal and business contexts.
The challenge you will meet is handling complexity – the opportunity is global networking with colleagues from all Volvo Group business areas around the world to reach results! You will work in close collaboration with colleagues from, e.g., our Truck brands, Construction Equipment, Penta and Buses. The reward is helping the Volvo Group and society create a sustainable future.
Main activities & responsibilities
- Manage the agenda for and lead the Volvo Group’s SOC Compliance Committee work to provide strategic directions and relevant key performance indicators, and to develop phase-out roadmaps
- Drive actions to ensure continuous SOC control and legal compliance
- Drive the main deliverables in the SOC compliance process, including the development and update of SOC-related standards and instructions
- Drive the use of necessary tools in engineering, such as Life Cycle Assessment and Eco-design Tool
- Provide training and advice in SOC-related areas
- Initiate investigations to determine sustainable substitute solutions, criticality and risks, as well as benchmark automotive industry efforts
- Drive and govern the use of external competence centres
- Provide guidance to the relevant Volvo Group fora in the area of SOC
We believe you have a positive drive with a demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate cross-functional projects. As the manager for Substances of Concern, you are passionate about your area of expertise, have a can-do attitude, are analytical, structured and attentive, and possess excellent communication skills in English – both spoken and written. You are adept and capable of actively engaging with multi-disciplinary teams in an international environment and have the ability to build sustainable and trustful relationships and networks.
Required experiences and education:
- MSc or PhD degree in a relevant subject area e.g. chemical engineering
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in the area of substances of concern
- Good knowledge of legislation on substances of concern is a great advantage
- Good knowledge of the heavy-duty automotive industry, e.g. trucks and buses is a great advantage
Are you interested or do you have any questions? Get in touch!
Jan-Olof Grundén, Manager, Volvo Corporate Standards, 031-322 5035
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.