Co-op: Vehicle Manufacturing Engineering (Fall 2020)
The purpose of this position is to assist the Manufacturing Engineering department with limited assignments of specific manufacturing engineering or industrial engineering tasks. Emphasis will be toward design for assembly in new product introduction on the CAB area (BIW, Vehicle Front, Exterior, Interior, and Living).
- Serves in a training and development capacity for more complex and productive assignments
- Assists experienced Manufacturing Engineers in implementation of product changes into the production facilities
- Performs Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering tasks using established procedures
- Initial phase of training and development within area of assignment
- Proficient use of equipment, instrumentation and software/hardware used within area of assignment
- Entry level performance issues with task-oriented, less complicated assignments
- Miscellaneous Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering assignments as training and abilities progress
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Strong writing or communication skills
- Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors currently enrolled and pursuing a BS Degree in Engineering and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op
- No work experience required
- Ability to travel frequently to the manufacturing plants
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.