Network Architect Volvo Group Connected Solutions
Volvo Group’s connected services and solutions? For us “connected for efficiency, sustainability and safety” is much more than a tag-line. If this sounds interesting to you, keep on reading!
At Volvo Group Connected Solutions, we work at the forefront of connectivity with data from more than 1 000 000 Volvo Group customer assets. Together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group we create real value, not only for our customers but also for society at large.
This is us, your new colleagues
As you can imagine, keeping track of over 1 000 000 connected customer assets rolling around the world is indeed a challenge. Now ponder that vehicles in a few years will be autonomous – and you’ve got the challenge of your life. Our Technology team manages the development and maintenance of our global connectivity platform – and your experience is needed.
We are now looking for an experienced Network Architect for our Network Operations team.
- You will be responsible for the overall design, documentation and availability of our global network service covering both On-Premise and Cloud based environments
- You will lead the network related activities to ensure VGCS has an efficient, scalable, automated network infrastructure supporting the demands of our connected vehicle services
- You will be an active part of the architect community sharing your knowledge and ideas as well as taking on-board and utilizing the experience of your colleagues
- You will be following the latest developments within the cloud networking area as well as other relevant networking developments and technologies
- You will also drive and be part of the daily operation activities supporting the other team members
Your personality is your major reason for success, but we also expect you to:
- Be passionate about cloud-based technologies and have certified knowledge and experience of AWS networking technologies and services
- Extensive hands-on experience of LAN/WAN network technologies and protocols, ideally from a 24/7 production environment. Specific experience of Juniper, Big IP F5 and Palo Alto is an advantage
- Experienced in automation - scripting, Ansible/Puppet, CloudFormation, infrastructure-as-code
- Good understanding of our IT building blocks including software development, CI/CD, micro-component based applications, web tools and technologies and the demands these blocks place on network services.
- Have a calm, analytical approach and natural ability to focus when under pressure
- Work in a global context which requires high proficiency in both English and Swedish, written and spoken
- Have a valid work-permit for Sweden, if not EU-citizen
You will be part of a team that creates great results through amazing people, strong relationships and a high performance culture. We are of course using the latest technologies delivering a very modern micro service based service platform hosted in the cloud. We use agile methods and as we are adopting the DevOps model your work will cover a broad spectrum, all the way from developing prototypes of future world class services to managing the lifecycle of the existing ones.
Being based in Lindholmen Science Park in Gothenburg you will work in the heart of a vibrant area that lives and breathes new technology like IoT, autonomous driving, electromobility and digitalization.
Welcome to the heart of connectivity at Volvo Group Connected Solutions!
Want to know more? Contact us!
Please contact Craig Tivendale, Line Manager, +46 703 222980
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization that leads the development of Volvo’s connected services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 1 000 000 Volvo customer assets. The organization is set-up to deliver competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena for new service innovations together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group.
Come and visit us online!
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.