Intern: Continuous Improvement (Spring 2021)
The Continuous Improvement intern position will be responsible for working with Volvo production System team supporting the Distribution Centers North American on Lean journey. The Intern will work on create a governance and standard training material to sustain the deployment of VPS at regional Distribution Centers including Lean Methods and Tolls and also Lean Management. Also support Kaizen’s and PDCA’s, and cross functional projects to improve the supply chain for North America.
Purpose of the Position
The Continuous Improvement Intern role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to promote the graduate’s career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The intern experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group Services Market Logistics by working on projects for the VPS RDC - North American team. Interns are structured learning experiences where interns and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The intern allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Group Logistics Operations.
- Work on VPS communication and tools standardization across all RDC’s
- Design and develop posters to promote lean culture
- Design and develop pamphlets of the Lean tools (5S, 7 Wastes, Safety pyramid, etc.)
- Describe procedures – Governance of PSM, Ideas, SOP, etc.
- Develop training portfolio for IWs: VPS tools (5S, 7 wastes, PSM, Safety, etc.)
- Develop VPS tools library – templates for 5S audits, OT boards, IB boards, Idea generation status boards, etc (any topic that comes from Best practices meeting)
- Develop VPS weekly tips for the IW’s team meetings
- Collaborate with Logistics Lean Leadership to coordinate lean activities
- Assist with research and data collection Professional Objectives
- Project Presentations: You will be required to deliver presentations to peers, management, and senior leaders within the organization
- Mentor Feedback: Throughout the entire experience, the mentor will provide verbal and written feedback on performance
- A formal Written Performance Review: At the end of the semester, each intern/co-op will be given a formal written evaluation based on their work performance
Education and Program Requirements
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Business, Logistics Engineering or related degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- Interns work less than 30 hours per week
- Must be enrolled in academic courses as a full-time student
- Must be in good academic standing with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0/4.0
- Strong communication skills
- Effective professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proactive approach
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
NOTE: Interns will be expected to spend as much of their internship time as possible working in the office. However, due to the unpredictable nature of the ongoing pandemic, the manager may approve the intern to work a portion of their time from home if required.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.