Key Customer Support Specialist-Industrial
We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates competitive advantage. It is our people that make the difference!
The person qualified for this position is a Senior Member of the Product Support group, providing information regarding the application, troubleshooting and repair of Volvo Penta Industrial engines and transmissions, to Industrial OEM’s, Industrial Distributors, Key Industrial Dealers and internal VPA personnel.
- Respond to requests for information from Industrial OEM’s, Industrial Distributors, Key Industrial Dealers and internal VPA personnel
- Provide technical assistance to our Industrial OEM’s, Industrial Distributors and Key Industrial Dealers via phone, e mail, fax or on-site if required
- Act as a liaison between Industrial OEM’s, Industrial Distributors and Key Industrial Dealers and Product and Manufacturing Engineering providing data to resolve quality issues
- Assist with the composition and implementation of Service and OEM Bulletins and Campaigns
- Proactively create and distribute service information to all appropriate groups
- Maintain currency and act as a subject matter expert on all applicable electronic diagnostic tools
- Advise and assist Industrial OEM’s, Industrial Distributors, Key Industrial Dealers and internal VPA personnel as to correct VPA Warranty policy and procedures
- Assist the Warranty department with warranty claims requiring pre-authorization
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork, including Argus case details, parts orders, and warranty authorizations are processed in a timely manner
- Maintain a database of service and technical information and make a standard set of updated information available to all current and new Technical Service department personnel
- Maintain a complete record of Industrial OEM’s, Industrial Distributors and Key Industrial Dealer interaction in the appropriate database
- Support and update field diagnostic equipment as needed
- Provide special training to Industrial OEM’s, Industrial Distributors, Key Industrial Dealers and internal VPA personnel as needed
- Assist with training of new hires within the Technical Service and Field Service department
- Promote the use of Volvo Penta Partner Network
- Promote the use of the Argus case management tool
- Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management to support Volvo Penta goals and objectives
- “Subject matter expert” level knowledge of troubleshooting and repair of Industrial Diesel power products
- In-depth knowledge of Industrial Engines and Control Systems
- In-depth knowledge of Industrial trade practices and activities via direct experience or extensive Industrial Distributor or Dealer interaction
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- High ability to work independently, without direct supervision, and manage multiple objectives and cases at one time
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Products (Power Point, Excel, etc.)
- Mastery of all PC based and / or electronic Diagnostic troubleshooting equipment in use
- Extensive Customer service / technical face-to-face and / or call center experience
- Ability to advise and mentor others regarding customer service techniques
- Ability to provide group training to Industrial OEM’s, Industrial Distributors, Key Industrial Dealers and internal VPA personnel
- Associates degree or Certificate in Diesel or Industrial Mechanics; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Minimum of four years Industrial Engine OEM, Distributor or Dealer technical experience
- Strong mechanical expertise in troubleshooting, repair, overhaul and installation of Industrial products. Experience with Volvo Penta product preferred
- Requires standing; walking; lifting and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Requires frequent walking, stooping, kneeling, bending, and crouching
- Requires occasional out-of-town travel; including international travel (25%)
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.