Supplier Quality Engineer for Electromobility Vehicles Battery
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES:
We are a group of 10 people based in Lyon, Gothenburg and Skövde and we quality assure Powertrain parts for the engine, after treatment and electromobility. This is a team with openness, high spirit and willingness to share with colleagues. We believe that the best results are achieved together, while having fun! Are you like us? Then this might be just the perfect role for you.
What will you do, as Supplier Quality Engineer for Electromobility Vehicles Battery?
The job as a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) is many times challenging and often rewarding. As an Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) ambassador you will during the projects be involved in everything from product development to quality assurance of the production lines on-site at your suppliers. Because of successful APQP work and preventive supplier quality activities, you will sign off the supplier PPAP allowing production to start at the supplier. You will also:
- Monitor the quality of the development and the industrialization of new products at the Volvo Group suppliers.
- Secure that the suppliers are delivering according to projects specifications and time plans. You also secure that the supplier can produce the parts according to the specification with the correct and sustainable quality level. In case of supplier caused problem during the development stages, you are entitled to demand improvement plan to secure successful implementations.
- During sourcing phases, you will provide relevant supplier facts as a base for the sourcing cases. You are also an interface between our operation plants and the suppliers during running production and you will, together with our plants, minimize disturbance by steering improvements and ensuring solid actions at suppliers.
WHO ARE YOU?
Now you know a little bit about us. We would also like describe who we think that you are, our new colleague. Since we don’t know you yet we probably won’t have everything right, but when we imagine you, we believe that you have an eye for details but also a good general understanding of the situation, being able to make risk assessments and focus on the right areas. You should also be a good communicator and a multicultural team player, both internally Volvo but also towards supplier management team since communicating and working with others is what this job is about.
We also believe that you really like to travel and see different places, because a lot of the job is done in other places and countries. Sometimes you will get the opportunity to travel to 3 or 4 places per months, even more. So we believe it’s important that you like exploring and seeing different places in this position.
What is your background?
- A university degree within engineering or several years of technical experience
- Knowledge/skills in engineering or manufacturing of battery pack, battery cell module for electromobility vehicles
- Experience of working with significant independence.
- Car driving licence.
- Good English communication skills, orally and in writing, plus local language.
- Experience of a structured approach with good analytical skills, logical thinking and strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational, time management and continuous improvement skills.
- Preventive mind set with leadership to solve problems and to make decision.
- Ability to create networks and to lead cross-functional activities within multi-cultural teams.
Something that definitely would be great if you have, but that’s not a requirement, is if you have any experience from supplier quality work within automotive business or have knowledge of automotive quality standards and tools, such as IATF 16949, APQP & PPAP.
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
If you thrive in a passionate environment for quality and find energy in facing new challenges to solve with suppliers then this is the job for you. Come join us in developing the future electric solutions at Volvo Group!
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL ME!
Leif Blomberg, SQA Manager Base engine, Combustion & Electromobility, +46 73 9020887
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.