Engineer - Vehicle Front
- Vehicle Front Group is a design team within complete Cab Design Section. We are responsible to design & develop components like Bumper, Crash systems, Insteps, lighting/Signaling components & plastic parts coming on the chassis. We work with both new vehicle projects and maintenance of parts in productions that we continuously are adapting for markets and demands.
Scope of Work
- Responsible for the design & development of Plastic & Sheet metal components related to Truck lower front module such as Bumper, Under-run protection, Ingress/Egress (Insteps)
- Responsible for the development of products / parts and release of the solutions into the system with complete product ownership and tackling quality issues effectively
- Performs design, testing/validation and/or development projects within area of assignment to fulfill the project set Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature targets.
- Generate Value Engineering and Value Analysis (VA/VE) and Continuous Improvement (CI) ideas to reduce product costs and drive/support implementation as needed.
- Analyze component parts and assemblies to determine the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems and implement cost effective solutions.
- Support packaging engineers in packaging and installation tasks (e.g. technical reports, packaging investigations, DMU utilization)
- Build & follow component design time plan to meet project deadline.
- Responsible to independently drive Cross functional activities to close out development open points and achieve set project deliverables.
- Must have Global mind-set to collaborate and work with engineers mostly at Cab, Chassis, Styling, Vehicle Architecture, Verification & Validation team both Locally as well as Other sites within Volvo.
- Take ownership in development of engineering process & method documents (TR, guidelines, rules etc.)
- Contribute towards knowledge management within the area of assignment.
- Experience of designing & developing plastic and Sheet metal components for automotive applications.
- Experience of product development within exterior environment such as Bumper system, Ingress/Egress system, Front under-run protection system of commercial vehicles and/or cars.
- Working knowledge of Catia V5 and Enovia/PDM.
- Possess sound knowledge in Problem solving techniques by effectively using Quality tools such as 8D/ FTA.
- Knowledge about Commercial Vehicle regulations and Certification activities.
- Experience of working with suppliers to lead the development activities with a good level of product development cycle understanding.
- Knowledge of the injection mould & Press tooling is an added advantage.
General Competencies –
- Analytical Skills
- Change Facilitation
- Conceptual Thinking
- Assertive communication
- Attention to Detail
- BE/B.Tech in Mechanical/Automobile Engineering with 3~5 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge in Volvo Product and Data Management systems such as Kola and Enovia/PDM is preferable.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.