Health, Safety & Environmental Specialist
We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates a competitive advantage. It is our people that make the difference!
Champion health, safety and environmental continuous improvement initiatives in support of production/production-support business units through hands-on interaction and communication with team members. Ensure compliance with company safety/health and environmental policies, federal safety/health and environmental regulations and other requirements as delegated to maintain a World-Class Program.
- Facilitate health, safety and environmental continuous improvement at the production/production support level
- Actively support the Safety/Environmental Focus Area concept by serving as professional resource, mentor, and training advocate
- Participate in workplace injury and accident investigations to establish root-cause and assist in the implementation of corrective action plans
- Participate in Safety/Environmental Management Audit Tool (SMAT/EMAT) process
- Coordinate LOTO Specific Procedure development and perform periodic evaluation within Business Unit
- Facilitate safety/environmental visual management within specific production/production-support business unit
- Assist Ergonomics Team to drive continuous ergonomic improvement
- Work directly with Business Team Leaders to develop and coordinate job-task risk assessments
- Perform IH exposure monitoring as needed
- Participate in health, safety and environmental training
- Facilitate environmental initiatives including chemical substitution, recycling, energy conservation
- Familiarity with federal occupational safety and health regulations (General Industry/Construction)
- Familiarity with federal environmental protection regulations (Air, Storm Water, Waste, Tanks)
- Ability to serve in a leadership capacity relative to the health, safety and environmental area
- Ability to listen effectively and actively provide value-added feedback during problem resolution
- Ability to work in diverse and fast-paced manufacturing work environment
- Professional attitude with strong conviction to employee/environmental protection
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety/Health, Safety Engineering, or Environmental Science
- 3 - 5 years of experience in an industrial/manufacturing setting
- Experience working in union environment is preferred
- Professional credential(s) a plus (ASP, CSP, GSP, CHMM, QEP)
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.