Engineering Manager – Sales Support
Join a skilled, driven team in a well-known company that offers multiple career opportunities.
Nova Bus, a member of the Volvo Group, is currently seeking an Engineering Manager – Sales Support, an important position in our Engineering department.
WHAT AWAITS YOU:
Reporting to the Director of Product Planning and Bids, the Sales Support Engineering Manager leads a team of sales support engineers and oversees the technical analysis of calls for tenders for Nova Bus products. Analysis includes technical compliance, risk assessment, and selection from the product offering. The manager’s team works in collaboration with the bids team to ensure all bid elements are completed on time
- Ensure response to calls for tenders by leading a team of sales support engineers.
- Supervise the team of sales support engineers.
- Implement tools that ensure technical responses are complete, clear, and accurate.
- Coordinate presales activity with the sales team.
- Ensure the improvement of bid preparation tools.
- Communicate product innovations/changes to sales and marketing.
- Coordinate technical decision-making in the bid process, in collaboration with product management and product development.
- Develop technical response strategies in accordance with schedules.
- Manage priorities and capacity to respond to calls for tenders in accordance with the schedule set by the bids team.
- Depending on the team’s workload, may be called upon to analyze bids
- The technical challenges of a major project
- Competitive salary and benefits
- World-renowned company known for the quality of its products
- Innovative, future-focused team
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mechanical preferred
- Member of Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Project management training or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge of motor vehicles
- 10 years of experience, including at least 5 in management and/or sales support
- Team supervision experience, an asset
- Experience in the manufacturing and/or institutional contractor fields
- Experience in the heavy-duty vehicle and transportation industries
- Knowledge of the North American transit bus market, an asset
- Bilingualism (English/French)
- Outgoing with strong communication skills
- Comprehensive vision and analytical mind
- Efficient, diligent project management
- Independence and resourcefulness
- Availability to travel (3 days/month)
Succeeding in this role requires
- A deliberate customer approach focused on understanding needs
- The ability to liaise between the sales and engineering groups
- Excellent knowledge of our product and competing products
- The ability to identify and demonstrate our competitive advantages
- A constructive approach and teamwork
- The ability to make information accessible and communicate effectively
- Information integrity and accuracy
Submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply directly online using the link below
To see the many career opportunities we offer, visit www.novabus.com
Nova Bus: bring life to your city
Performance | Trust | Customer success | Change | Passion
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.