Senior Product Specialist
The Technical Services department is part of the Quality & Customer Satisfaction organization. We support Volvo Group products operating in North America and for Mack globally (Volvo Trucks, Mack Trucks, UD trucks, Volvo Bus, Prevost) through our technical knowledge, problem solving, & service. We investigate vehicle field quality issues & deliver professional support and communication between the Brand aftermarket support & Product Development organizations.
As a Senior Product Specialist within the Technical Services department, you will actively be involved in vehicle product quality issues that demand the highest levels of product knowledge, quality of workmanship, & service attitude to serve our Brand customers / field service network, and product development counterparts.
- Contribute to Quality objectives supporting the NA market & Mack globally to maximize vehicle uptime, minimize warranty cost, and maximize customer satisfaction: early detection of customer quality issues, first-time-right repair guidance, diagnostic robustness, solution effectiveness
- Provide technical service for vehicle product quality issues (hardware, electrical, software) with engineering expertise, advanced diagnostics, and analysis
- Work closely with Volvo field service network as a technical resource to provide remote and/or on-site vehicle technical investigations to resolve customer vehicle problems.
- Convert product knowledge gained through analysis and field investigations into knowledge shared within Volvo.
- Communicate technical understanding of customer product issues, such that quality solving solutions are robust.
- Contribute to & support service literature, diagnostic fault trees & procedures, tools, and training material for publication
- Initiate & lead technical problem definition investigations of complex field product issues.
- Conduct technical investigations as the front line engineering resource through “real time” & “hands-on” product technical problem solving. Engage component & system experts to collaborate to define the product problem, cause, & recommended solutions.
- Travel will be required, sometimes with short notice. Travel frequency will vary.
- Graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent technical field
- Experience in automotive related or technical industry, preferably in Engineering or Service with a minimum of three years
- Communicate effectively & in a professional manner across all levels of the organization both written & verbally in English
- Strong Technical and Analytical skills
- Capability to travel domestically and internationally, as needed
- Leadership & determination in managing work to solve problems
- Commercial Driver’s license desired, but not required
- Knowledge of PC/Microsoft Office applications required, also preferred knowledge of development and diagnostic tools
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.