Intern: Marine Sales (Summer 2019)
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Penta by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full-time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Penta.
The Marine Sales Intern will be responsible for providing support to the Marine Sales department.
- Administering and maintaining databases and/or spreadsheet
- Perform research on leisure marine segment in North America, including OEMs and dealers
- Prepare for and attend select dealer meetings as Volvo Penta representative specifically interacting with international dealers. Maintain log of questions and issues raised, and propose response strategy
- Assist product managers with technical evaluation of engine interface and performance
- Providing general support and assistance to the sales team members of the department
- Perform miscellaneous office duties (answer phones, organization of files, coordinating meetings, etc.)
- Assist with miscellaneous special projects
- Excellent organizational skills and an acute attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to effectively navigate the internet and social networking sites for research and promotion
- An eagerness to learn, ability to work independently, and readiness for responsibility
- Effective personal communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to act as a representative of Volvo Penta of the Americas in contacts with dealers and consumers in a clear and professional manner
- Proper grammar and spelling skills are a must
- Bilingual (English/Swedish) is a plus
- Must be familiar with Volvo Penta products and competent in boat handling skills
- Performance feedback from the supervisor. Also, intern will make a presentation on this assignment to the management team at the end of their internship
- Applicants must be current students that are scheduled to graduate after May 2019
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Business, Engineering, or related field at an accredited school and have completed at least 60 semester hours of undergraduate coursework prior to the start of the internship
- History of academic achievement: GPA of 3.0 or higher required
- Previous experience in sales a plus
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles
- May require out-of-town travel
- Passport required
- Intern must provide their own transportation to work
- Intern must provide their own living accommodations in the local area
- All Volvo Group North America internships are compensated with a competitive salary. Students can also take advantage of various employee discounts
- Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.