Intern: Driver & Vehicle Productivity Test Engineer (Summer 2019)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Driver and Vehicle Productivity Team (D&VP) as a Test Engineer for Summer 2019. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of validation and verification engineering. As a valued member of the Driver and Vehicle Productivity Team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with product engineering and existing D&VP Test Engineers. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the responsible Group Manager.
- Call and attend meeting with project management and design engineering regarding assigned test requests
- Write work planner and set-up data acquisition
- Perform test requests with guidance of more experienced engineers
- Report generation and data analysis
- Assist with test scheduling and status updates
- Development of test methods and post-processing techniques
- Improvement of current test rigs and instrumentation
- Attention to detail required when planning and executing test requests. What factors are important, what factors can be controlled, what is desired from test requests, what can be delivered to requestor, etc.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours per week
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Valid US Work authorization
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Proficiency in Matlab or similar program is desired, but not required
- Experience with any R&D testing(lab setting, extracurricular teams, previous Internships, etc.) is a plus
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.