Regional Dealer Sales Manager-Marine Sales
At Penta we have steady focus on customer and market demands, we constantly drive things forward to produce results and adapt quickly to changes. We are open-minded and understand that diversity and experience drive progress. We know that well balanced teams increase group dynamics, creativity and new approaches to solutions. We will continue to show change in order to secure continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will have an experienced sales background and familiarity working with customers. A strong emphasis will be placed on the candidate’s potential, personality and willingness to grow. The ideal candidate will also be part of an exciting global and diverse team of highly-skilled professionals that work with each other to stay ahead.
Responsible for growing sales of Volvo Penta powered boats in Area of Responsibility (AOR). These activities include identification, recruitment, and growth of Volvo Penta boat selling dealers. Other activities include administration of Dealer Programs and working with other Volvo Penta staff personnel to help ensure our dealers are successful and represent our core values. At all times, the Regional Dealer Sales Manager must maintain our company image and promote the acceptance of Volvo Penta products and services in the Marine Industry.
The areas of responsibility include Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North and South Carolina, and Tennessee.
- Regularly visit and provide support for Volvo Penta dealers and new dealer prospects within AOR
- Manage dealer market share development, volume and product mix within Area of Responsibility to ensure dealers meet sales goals and market penetration
- Implement, manage and monitor sales activity to meet department’s business plan and monthly market share objectives
- Work with dealer principal, sales management, and retail sales staff to increase sales penetration through sales training, sales promotions and blitzes, customer events, leasing and demonstrators
- Demonstrated ability to “cold call” on targeted potential customers as well as relationship building and interaction with existing and potential customers
- Track dealer’s stock inventory levels to ensure they meet both the dealer’s business plan as well as current market and product demands
- Develop AOR dealer’s sales skills including coaching the promotion of selling value of a premium product and soft products
- Manage retail sales assistance process and sales tools to achieve successful attainment of assigned annual sales volume and gross profit
- Assure every dealer in AOR actively participates in company-sponsored sales programs
- Aid in the forecast of new product introductions, including factors such as model mix, volume, timing
- Stakeholder communication on dealer progress, collaborating with the Marine Sales group and others, making recommendations for further improvements, structure, investments, where needed
- Serve as primary interface between Volvo Penta and assigned AOR marine dealers
- Provide critical insight and contribute to the development of the marine sales segment’s strategic plans
- Develop and implement plans and programs designed to at targeted key dealers within Area of Responsibility
- Assist dealers with all inquiries and understanding of programs in marketing, warranty, credit, parts and service. Identify Volvo Penta specialist to handle complex technical issues that may arise. Follow-up to see that dealer questions and/or issues have been resolved
- Attend and participate in OEM Dealer Sales Meetings, retail boat shows, and other events as needed
- Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management to support Volvo Penta goals and objectives
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Products (Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Business Acumen and Relationship Building
- Keen ability to actively seek and identify areas of opportunity and growth
- Excellent verbal, written and presentations skills, with demonstrated experience making formal presentations to both medium and large groups
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor sales professionals at dealers
- Thorough knowledge of all sales policies, processes, and systems at the wholesale (Volvo Penta) level as well as the retail (dealer) level
- Well-versed in development and implementation of retail business plans
- Complete knowledge of dealer sales contracts
- Thorough working knowledge of Statistical Surveys and other market data, source, make-up and selection
- Time and Territory management
- Change Facilitation
- Outstanding customer service skills. Focused on proactively addressing customer needs. Demonstrated ability to change to meet customer needs
- Demonstrate sense of urgency in resolving customer problems
- Knowledge of marine industry, boat sales and inventory
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Business, Marketing, or related field; or equivalent experience required
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience retail/wholesale distribution in the marine industry or manufacturer-to-dealer direct industries
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in Sales and Marketing preferred
- Customer relations management (CRM)
- Requires frequent, out-of-town travel (75 %+); including international travel
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.