Financial Services Trainee
Volvo Financial Services USA (VFS USA), a Great Place to Work certified company, is seeking outstanding recent college graduates interested in a rewarding career by joining our Financial Services Development Program (FSDP) as a Financial Services Trainee (FST) for the class of 2019. Our objective is to attract, develop and retain top talent in all areas of Financial Services. This 18-month rotational program is for highly qualified and motivated individuals who will have the opportunity to learn and begin a career in the Captive Finance industry for the Volvo Group, a world leader in heavy duty truck and equipment manufacturing. This is a full-time, entry-level position, where selected candidates will learn the necessary skills and behaviors to effectively work with financial services professionals in a large, globally recognized multinational.
The program will provide the training and experience needed to develop a complete understanding of the financial services and VFS business model; however, each participant will be matched to one of three general business areas that will serve as their primary development area– Originations, Operations or Finance.
Our program consists of three key learning areas concurrently:
- Our Company: Learn about Financial Services, the Captive Finance industry, Volvo Financial Services and Volvo Group including our mission, business processes, strategies, and why we are a Great Place to Work. This also includes exposure and networking with our commercial transport product divisions.
- Our Work: Participate in four job rotations in the VFS USA business. Assignments may take place in Credit, Account Resolution, Auditing, Funding and Documentation, Sales and Pricing, Business Intelligence and Analytics, or Corporate Finance/Accounting. The rotation is critical to help drive a more complete understanding of VFS USA and the work we do.
- Your Development: During and in between rotations, development activities take place, and focus on areas such as teamwork, professionalism, self-development, process improvement, and diversity and inclusion. This part of the program will be supported by a carefully chosen mentor and is focused on transitioning to a corporate environment and mastering the behaviors which embody the Volvo Values and our way of working.
The FST position is based in our Greensboro, North Carolina office. Those selected for this program will play a critical role in helping Volvo Financial Services, USA meet or exceed our strategic objectives and develop further flexibility in our workforce. As you near the end of your program.
- Participates in four rotations in different parts of the Financial Services business process
- Train on key roles and responsibilities within the organization and performs various roles to garner practical experience
- Develop a holistic view of the Captive Finance industry ensuring there is a big picture understanding of the business balanced with the understanding of various roles and tasks.
- Participates in both personal and professional development activities during the course of the program
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of presentations to Top Management.
- Assists with various projects and tasks, as needed
- Follows all Volvo Group and VFS employee practices and policies.
Education and Experience Required:
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar
- Degree must be from an accredited college/university
- Graduation date must be between May 16, 2019 and June 16, 2019.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- 3 months work experience in a corporate setting, preferred (can be through internships and/or co-operative assignments)
- Experience in financial services, transportation, banking and/or a large global organization, preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint at the Intermediate level and Advanced Excel skills)
- Direct experience working in an environment where sound business judgment, attention to detail, a fast pace and a flexible and adaptable approach are valued
- Effective level of ambition and ability to understand team and corporate objectives
- Experience in an environment with a focus on customer service and process improvement preferred
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional business writing and presentation skills
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English; additional languages a plus
- Must be available to start position after May 16, 2019 and before Jun 16, 2019.
- Availability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week (typically Monday through Friday)
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.