Engineer - Quality
The purpose of this position is to be the Quality Engineer responsible for coordinating the product audit (PR audit) and Conformity of Production (COP) activities for GTO Powertrain Hagerstown.
Scope and influence
GTO Powertrain Engine, Transmissions and Axles.
- Follow-up on product audits for engine, transmission and axles
- Lead the weekly meeting to present the results
- Distribute the weekly product audit report
- Collaborate and support the auditors during the audits process
- Follow-up report of non-conformity (RNCs) from PR audits
- Plan audits for engines, transmissions and axles (product, projects, technical, torque, etc)
- Support the auditors to enter the information in the PR audit system
- Responsible for update of engines, transmission and axle audit manual
- Responsible to update the audit checklist
- Follow the engine test before send to PR audit
- Ensure proper timely order of components and follow the components to be audited
- Responsible for training the auditors in the PR audit system
- Issue & follow-up on protus report related to product audit issues
- Support analysis of Truck/Bus Plants or field issues together with product quality and agree about actions in order to deliver zero defect components to the plants
- Participate in design change notice (DCN) meetings and communicate the changes to the auditors including update of documents
- Assist the project manager operations (PMO) in projects requests and audit plan
- Identify equipment needs for PR audit department in case of new projects/products and communicate to the Manager
- Participate in global product audit network to develop and harmonize the processes between the PTP sites
- Ensure compliance to global procedures for the audit routine
- Contact product engineer or other PTP plants for impact analysis and points evaluation when needed
- Coordinate with product engineer and support production when it comes to situations related to audit requiring deviation approval
- Participate in the quick response quality control (QRQC) and/or goal oriented (GO) team meeting to communicate PR audit results
- Support the GO team to define the root cause analysis of PR audit issues
- Lead a cross-functional team aiming at solving critical and / or severe issues immediately when identified
- Drive continuous improvement in quality methods in order to ensure production of world class PTP products
- Identify opportunities to improve quality of manufacturing processes that will result in improvements to the quality of PTP products
- Identify training and competence development needs of members during the PR audits
- Organize seminars / trainings session on processes & systems
- Participate or lead Kaizen related to the function or quality department
- Escalate to Manager any roadblock having an impact on problem solving process, timely progress or compliance to the global instructions
- Responsible for coordinating the COP inspection according to the yearly COP sampling and audit plan.
- Prepare and follow the COP Test audit plan.
- Analyse COP test results.
- COP meeting to present results and define action plan for deviations.
- Participate in the root cause analysis of COP deviations.
- Issue and follow-up of issued protus related to COP issues.
- Participate in global COP network to develop and harmonize the processes between the PTP sites.
- Record the COP reports.
- Report test summary quarterly.
- Follow-up the hot test cell for testing related to special projects, audits and COP.
- Consult product specifications in internal systems (Kola, Rapid, etc.).
- Participate in project meetings for K-engine definitions (ex.: number of engines to test).
- Elaborate internal report of K-engine results and approval.
- Elaborate new test report for new product and specifications.
- Responsible for coordinating with the concerned functions the internal and/or outsourcing of COP test.
- Study of the new technology and characteristics of the new product in projects.
- Analyse test standards and ISO standards.
- Assist with PMO / project requests related to COP.
- Identify and escalate quickly potential legal or emissions issues.
- Escalate to Manager any roadblock having an impact on problem solving process, timely progress or compliance to the global instructions.
- PR audit for engine, transmission and axle compliance to the global instructions.
- PR audit results within targets.
- RNC related to PR audit leadtime
- COP sampling and audit plan
- COP compliance to the global instructions.
- Bachelor degree in engineering
- 4+ years of experience either technical, manufacturing, aftermarket or equivalent.
- High knowledge of customer and field impact.
- High knowledge of PTP components such as engines, transmissions, axle and production processes.
- Good knowledge of product and development processes.
- Experience in PR Audit
- Experience in COP tests
- Be a problem-solving expert.
- Needs to have a good understanding of the Volvo Group Businesses.
- Knowledge of ISO standards
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required.
- Good knowledge in microsoft office and relevant PTP tools (GASS, Kola, Rapid, BEMS, MACS, etc).
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.