Specialist Metallurgy (Forging, Steel mill and heat treatment)
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We are a group of 16 people based in all the main sites in Volvo and we support all regions in our technical areas. This is a team with openness, high spirit and willingness to share with colleagues. We believe that the best results are achieved together, while having fun! Are you like us? Then this might be just the assignment for you.
As Technical specialist you will report to TSE Director within SQ&D. You will be part of the global team of technical specialists in GTP. You will drive, maintain and develop a network of auditors to be able to support all regions within GTP in the metallurgy field. You also will be part of the TSE team and drive synergies with other technology areas way of working. Since workload has increased we will have two specialists in the area and divide the responsibility scope in two legs.
- Run/perform/conduct on site audits at suppliers to review/assess supplier’s capability
- Educate and maintain the network of auditors to keep them calibrated
- Continue to develop the audit tools and requirements to follow the market
- Run the SQ&D network meeting to share experience and knowledge within the team
- Be an active counterpart during building of strategic business plan and in the sourcing phase
- Present report to identified forum and stakeholders
- Develop our suppliers and follow up of gaps identified in the audits
- University degree in Metallurgy or Material Technology and 3 to 5 years of technical experience in production needed
- Knowledge in the different “metallurgical” processes:
- Steel Making
- Primary metallurgy, secondary metallurgy, casting and rolling
- Heat Treatment
- Annealing, quenching & tempering and case hardening
- Steel Making
- Knowledge in Non Destructive Testing
- Significant experience of leading audits
- Strong continuous improvement mindset
- Fluent in English
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Have a strong self-learning ability
If you thrive in a passionate environment for quality and find energy in facing new challenges to solve with suppliers then this is the job for you. Come join us in developing the future electric solutions at Volvo Group!
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL ME!
Tomas Ekberg, Director Technical and Supplier Evaluation, SQ&D, +46 73 9021333
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.