Manufacturing Engineer Cab Factory Paint
The purposes of this position are to perform methods process implementation, training, and supply technical engineering support, as well as determines and implement appropriate manpower levels and placement, process methods and standards to resolve and implement change in support of daily manufacturing goals for the New River Valley production facility.
- Trail, establish and supply technical engineering support for new process trials and current production product
- Establishes and maintains the optimum production methods, standards, tooling and equipment for all assigned products and processes
- Promotes manufacturing safety and efficiency through implementation of method/process change, ergonomic application and safety awareness
- Collaborates with the materials organization on defining and refining material organization and placement using Lean Principles
- Coordinates the introduction of new product and part changes in the area of responsibility, balancing work timing, processes and manpower requirements
- Collaborates with cross-functional groups in Engineering and Materials in developing performing manufacturing design reviews, and processing design development and prototype builds
- Identifies and implements methods, processes, and equipment using Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Uses lessons learned to develop processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency in the area of responsibility
- Implements and applies engineering standards and procedures in compliance with plant practices and policies
- Analyzes and continuously evaluates and improves assembly efficiency through observation, investigation and critical problem solving
- Identifies opportunities for cost and manpower reductions through assembly configuration and improvement
- Establishes and maintains accurate production standards using determined time tools (MCTM or MOST)
- Interfaces with plant personnel to accomplish timing, manpower and production goals
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
- Standing Alone: Will stand up and be counted; doesn't shirk personal responsibility; can be counted on when times are tough; willing to be the only champion for an idea or position; is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment
- Technical Learning: Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning a new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge - like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
- Two (2) years of manufacturing experience with educational requirements
- Four (4) years of manufacturing experience without educational requirements
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Extensive knowledge of engineering concepts, manufacturing, the product, production standards, and efficiency optimization tools
- Proven ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan and following it through to successful completion
- Experience in a team-based environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proven ability to review and apply technical specifications and requirements to the assembly operation
- Possesses strong analytical skills and demonstrated the focus on process and Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Experience with Cab Factory and Paint Manufacturing a strong plus
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.