Software Supplier Quality Engineer
As Software Supplier Quality Engineer (SW SQE) you will be a member of the SQ&D Electrical and Electronics team. This team is composed of several passionate Supplier Quality Engineers located in Europe (France, Sweden, Spain, UK) leading critical topics and challenging suppliers.
As SW SQE you are responsible for our external suppliers, securing that they have and apply the correct processes to develop software with high quality to meet the Volvo requirements and the customer needs. Most of the work is project based and the main goal is to secure the quality of each SW product. Before start of production the supplier is requested to show evidence to you, showing that they live up to our quality expectations. After that you are the one authorized to approve the SW product (SW PPAP) before use in serial production. You are also supporting solving customer issues.
Our main tool is the Software APQP (Software Advanced Product Quality Planning) . It is used to evaluate that relevant processes and routines are in place and in use at the supplier during the SW development project. The method is based on SPICE. You monitor and support quality activities at suppliers through regular follow up with the suppliers and through audits. We challenge the suppliers to allow them to grow, improve and reach new levels.
You should have a good understanding of software development, an eye for details but also have a good understanding of the general situation in a project, being able to make risk assessments and focus on the right areas. You work in a structured and analytical way when solving problems and have a preventive and continuous improvement mind-set. You must be a good communicator and a multicultural team player, both internally Volvo but also towards supplier management team.
- Lead and coordinate cross-functionally APQP/PPAP activities for various softwares
- Be involved in the supplier selection and development work in order to ensure that our suppliers correctly understand the requirements and that their processes are capable to develop and deliver accordingly
- Work closely together with our Engineering in order to make sure quality is built into the original design of our products
- Monitor supplier quality performance and lead potential supplier quality crisis
- Work with the Volvo crossfunctional teams to eliminate potential field and customer claims
- Maintain and update the various quality assurance and IT systems within Volvo
- Contribute to best practice/ knowledge sharing in the team
- Experience from supplier quality work within automotive business (truck business is preferred)
- Structured approach with good analytical skills and logical thinking
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Strong continuous improvement skills
- Good knowledge and experience of quality tools
- Knowledge of SPICE and/or CMMI (implementation or evaluation is an asset
- Fluent English (both spoken and written)
- Ability to work on managing multiple topics and multiple projects
- Experience in evaluating/auditing suppliers
- Embedded Software development knowledge
- Experience in interacting with suppliers
- Understanding of the Indian Market
- Strong customer focus
- Team player in cross functional and multicultural teams but also able to work independently
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.