Java Developer – Volvo Group Connected Solutions
As you can imagine, keeping track of 900 000 connected assets rolling around the world is indeed a challenge. Now ponder, that vehicles in a few years will be autonomous – and you’ve got the challenge of your life. Our Technology team manages the development and maintenance of our global connectivity platform – and your experience is needed.
Take a look at what we do: https://youtu.be/gh17g19EEW4
We are now looking for a Java Developer with a passion for technology and the willingness to develop state-of-the-art software applications.
Being based in Lindholmen Science Park you will work with us in the heart of a vibrant area that lives and breathes new technology like IoT, autonomous driving, electro mobility and digitalization. Here the development is massive, new buildings and companies are popping up almost daily!
We are proud to say that we are using the latest Java technologies delivering a very modern micro service based service platform hosted in the cloud. Of course we use agile methods and as we are adopting the DevOps model your work will cover a broad spectrum all the way from developing prototypes of future “killer applications” to managing the lifecycle of the existing ones.
As a person you have analytical skills and you love to solve problems. You are good in communication, both when it comes to technical details as well as business needs. Being a team player with positive mindset and a customer oriented attitude is in your nature, and you know the various challenges of application development. You must care for empowerment, inspiration and a “can do” attitude in the agile team to complete each sprint as planned.
Welcome to the heart of connectivity!
- Develop new software applications – frontend and backend - according to our development standards (epics and user stories will be given, but understanding the wanted effect you should also be able to read between the lines)
- Deploy, operate and maintain our applications incl. driving continuous improvement of the same for better quality, functionality, cost effectiveness, etc.
- Actively contribute to the solution design of new services
- And finally, but not at least, continuously reflect upon how we are doing things and where we can improve
Your personality is your major reason for success, but we think you have:
- A university degree in software engineering, computer science or similar
- Some years’ working experience as Application Developer is preferred, but we also recognize experience through own hobby projects
- Experience of Java 8 and Spring
- Knowledge in asynchronous programming, JMS, Active MQ, micro service architecture, cloud services, test automation frameworks and React is a great plus
- Experience from mobile (connected) applications is also a great plus
- Fluent in English - both written and spoken. Basic skills in Swedish is preferred (then it will be much easier to pick up “korridorssnack”)
- Valid work-permit for Sweden, if not EU-citizen
The position is based at Lindholmen in Gothenburg, Sweden.
For more information please contact:
Florian Kostanty, +46 765 538494
Torbjörn Karlsson, +46 765 536186
Ulf Jacobson-Wahlberg, +46 765 535403
HR Business Partner;
Lina Gerlam, +46 739 028201
Please be informed that during week 29-31 we will pause the recruitment activity due to holidays. Enjoy the summer!
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization that leads the development of Volvo’s connected services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 900 000 Volvo assets. The organization is set-up to deliver competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena for new service innovations together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group.
Come and visit us online!
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.