Development Engineer – Regulation & Calculations
Are you passionate about working with cutting edge technical development?
Do you have a long work experience within the field of automotive emission measurements?
Do you enjoy working in a tight team of highly motivated and enthusiastic colleagues?
Then keep reading because you might just be the right candidate for this position! This is an opportunity to become a part of a world-leading, automotive laboratory for heavy duty trucks.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Describe here the work environment (department and team). Ideally one of the team members writes it, according to how it would be attractive to a new joiner.
As a Development Engineer, Regulation & Calculations at the Powertrain Engineering Laboratory, you will lead and deliver a variety of development activities, where creativity, reactivity, quality and flexibility are of prime importance and keys to success. You will be the technical advisor in our development projects. You will work in tight cooperation with Volvo product development engineers, maintenance and operation engineers, project managers, suppliers and subcontractors.
You will act as a mentor on the technical equipment and methods used in the Lab, and will support the teams with advice and educational courses.
You will balance your time between office work and work in the Lab. The laboratory is a domain where you not only design solutions.
You will be part of the method and technical development team: 20 experienced engineers, with different expertise areas (software, emissions, measurement, electronics, fluids etc) and different backgrounds (line management, project management, and technical expertise).
All work together with one target: to develop efficient, cost effective and quality testing equipment and methods.
- Keep track of new legislative demands and be part of developing future legislation through working groups
- Continuously contribute to the improvement of our calculation processes, systems and tools
- Setting the standards for calibration and define the calibration protocols to maintain high measurement quality
- Define and spread tools for uncertainties evaluation, support the organization when uncertainty calculations are required
- Share knowledge and provide expert support within all levels of the organization and work closely with engineering customers to understand their need
- MSc or similar degree in an engineering or science discipline
- An understanding of statistical evaluation, thermodynamics and fluid dynamics, analysis of complex designs
- Experience in C# coding
- Knowledge of regulatory text covering automotive engine testing
- Team and service minded. Contribute to a positive atmosphere with an open, honest and humble attitude
- Ability to document and share information
- Swedish and English proficiency (verbal and writing)
Looking forward to your application!
WHO ARE YOU?
Please write a few lines about your expectations as a manager towards the future employee: skills and mindset. This is a section to set the required knowledge and experience.
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
Add anything relevant to catch the candidate interest!
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL US!
For more information and details please contact
Robert Aslan, Manager Method and Technical Development, Powertrain Engineering, Verification Testing and Materials Technology
dept BF63580, phone: +46 31 3225312
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.