Electronic Service Engineer
What does maintenance mean to you? Fix old broken equipment to work for another week or ensure that a high-tech development department can deliver. We are looking for a service engineer at Powertrain Engineering Laboratory (PEL) to help us lead and develop the service of our next generation driveline laboratory. At Volvo GTT you will be a part of a cross functional team where everyone are accountable and proud of the products and solutions, and where you have possibility to combine practical and theoretical skills. Does this sound like a good job for you then we are hoping you to join our team.
Facility Operation and Storage are an important part of the development work to create conditions to develop the world’s best powertrains for trucks, buses, marine and construction equipment. Our team ensures laboratory performance and quality through our maintenance and service of equipment and all media systems for the complete PEL. The team you will join consists of 15 high skilled persons in the areas process engineering, mechanics, electrical engineering and measurement technics.
In your role as an Electronic Service Engineer with focus on engine and transmission test cells, you will be one of the main player for our maintenance support in this area of PEL. As we work team oriented, you will never standalone if you face challenges you need support to solve.
Facility Operation and Storage are in a focused phase of improving our preventive maintenance work to reach world class maintenance and we hope you are able to join us!
The work includes working with and having extensive knowledge and experience within several different technology areas such as:
- Electrical machines up to 1200 kW
- I/O-system for measuring, monitoring and controlling test cells
- Advanced troubleshooting and calibration tools
- Advanced automation systems
- Purchasing and handling spare parts
- Be part of new projects and upgrades of test cells
- Participate an active part in the production of documentation and routines
- This position will require at least secondary education in electrical engineering
- Several years of experience from automotive industry or related industries
- Practical experience of reading complex electrical drawings and manuals and to understand the functions based on them
- You should also have deep skills in using various types of measuring/analyzing instrument and the use of them
- Fluent in Swedish and English, booth written and spoken
- Contribute to a positive atmosphere with an open and honest attitude
- Ability to work booth independently and in team's
- Calm and structured and good analytical skills
- As a person you are committed and result oriented with good interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- You possess quality awareness and sense of responsibility
You get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting, global environment which provides opportunities to develop both professionally and personally. Our daily work is performed in an international environment giving the opportunity to interact with highly committed colleagues from different cultures. Team work, energy, passion and respect for the individual are key values for us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will from you.
For further information, please contact
Hans Byström, Manager +46 31 323 53 77
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support.
With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.