You will have the responsibility for the function performance, development, and deliverables. You are accountable for managing and optimizing the IT services delivered within your scope and to drive standardization and ensure consistency of the on-site deliveries in your geographical area. You operate in a geographical context, having a number of interfaces to other IOS functions, Group IT units, CP&IT and IT stakeholders within Volvo Group. The geographical context for this position includes the central (BYH) and 7 regional distribution warehouses operated by Service Management Logistics (SML) in the United States and Canada.
The IOS Onsite Manager is responsible for the activities related to Information Technology (IT) in the company, involving the definition, development, maintenance and operation of systems, as well as for maintaining the area's technological level up to date, conducting studies and implementing new procedures and techniques. The IOS Onsite Manager is responsible for the selection of hardware, software and supplies.
Group IT within Volvo Group
Group IT within Volvo Group is the organization with an end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery and support of IT solution for the Volvo Group.
Infrastructure and Onsite Services (IOS)
Group IT – Infrastructure and Onsite Services is a global unit consisting of approximately 650 employees and consultants in most of the Volvo Group’s locations. The mission of the function is to ensure that Volvo is provided with the right End-User tools and services at agreed quality and to an optimal cost. At factories, warehouses and small sites also facilitate infrastructure demand collection and secure the delivery execution for IT services through local presence.
Onsite Americas is a regional function consisting of more than 100 employees and consultants in all of the Americas. This function is responsible for on-site deliveries in this region, working in close co-operation with other IOS and Group IT functions.
In this role you will be located in Byhalia, MS and reporting to the Director Onsite Americas, IOS, IT Services, Volvo Group IT and be part of the Onsite Americas management team. There will be frequent travel between Byhalia (Memphis) and the 7 other SML warehouses located in the US and Canada, with occasional international travel.
This role does no offer sponsorship. Relocation is available.
- Capture local Infrastructure demand (on behalf of all Volvo Group units)
- Responsibilities will also involve business stakeholders relationship management, local business stakeholder IT representative, local accountability for processes and IT runtime management, and full responsibility of all ITS resources and deliveries
- Oversee the monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and administration of IT systems, to include servers, storage, network, databases, messaging and collaboration platforms.
- Responsible for the operation of a mission critical 24x7 IT infrastructure including data center operations, WAN/LAN/Wireless networks, monitoring and configuration tools.
- recovery of applications and systems to enable the recovery of information.
- Manage to all service level agreements and produce metrics in support of results. Analyze results to identify trends and opportunities for continual improvement.
- Remain current in infrastructure technology concepts and provide input to strategy for adoption.
- Meet regularly with regional teams to review work assignments and project tasks, set priorities, communicate and share issues.
- Develop asset life cycle management; refresh plans and new technology adoption. Produce and maintain accurate and detailed desktop lifecycle forecasts covering server, network and compute and storage platforms.
- Evaluate technology risks, ensure that mitigation plans are in place and escalate when necessary.
- Ensure that a process of continuous review and improvement are inherent throughout all elements of the Infrastructure Services team.
- Management of IT disturbances with focus on coordination, quality control and continuous improvement
- Desk-side support
- Warehouse IT deliveries toward the central distribution center and 7 regional distribution centers
- First Level Application support of Global System Map applications driving warehouse operations
- End-user request services
- Local and legacy business application (Support, Maintenance, Enhancement and Deliveries in collaboration SDU)
- Request management and dispatching
- Support of one-time onsite deliveries
- Drive standardization and ensure consistency of onsite deliveries
- Maximize business value and efficiency thru active quality management and control
- Follow and execute global work instructions set by other ITS teams
As a Manager you will create an efficient and trustful day-to-day operation. You have proven experience as a leader in and excel in demonstrating core values according to the Volvo Way. Since you are part of a regional unit, with regional responsibilities, you will need to actively cooperate with various stakeholders and navigate with ease in a multi-cultural environment. It is important you have an innovative and creative mind-set in order to inspire and challenge in your organisation. You also have a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your unit, understanding how these contribute to the Volvo Group vision and strategy.
- Proven experience in developing and coaching people
- Strong experience from working in an IT delivery organization including solid knowledge about methods used
- Strong experience of delivery management
- Knowledge about the solutions in scope
- Knowledge of VPS is highly desirable
- Mindset for total quality management including control and continuous improvement
- Experience from leadership in a global context
- Excellent communication & presentation skills are a requirement
- Complete proficiency in English is a requirement
- have the ability to drive for results
- have excellent prioritization skills and ability to eliminate roadblocks
- have a leadership characterized by high level of integrity and trust
- have a strong customer focus
- have a leadership style characterized by fairness to direct reports
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- Master's Degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience and progressive experience in managing IT infrastructure and services, preferably for a manufacturing business.
- Experience with support and operations for IT infrastructure including compute and storage (Linux and Wintel), Network, Application Hosting, Database, Messaging, Unified Communications and Collaboration.
- Experience in the delivery of infrastructure services in a global organization.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.