HGV Technician (Day Shift)
BECOME A PART OF SOMETHING BIG
We belong to Volvo Group, and we share an aim of becoming the world leader in sustainable transport solutions. It’s ambitious, but so are we.
Go for everything that matters - What do you want from your job as a technician? If you’re like us and think that everything matters – challenging technology, industry leadership, career opportunities and great team spirit – then Volvo Truck and Bus Centre Aberdeen is the place for you.
We are now looking to recruit a HGV technician to join our team in Aberdeen on day shift.
Competitive hourly rate + time and a half after 39 hours + regular training and development, excellent on-site facilities including gym, 33 days' holiday, pension scheme.
Day shift - Monday 07.30 to 16.00, Tuesday to Friday 07.30 to 15.45
Location: Portlethen, Aberdeen
WHO WE ARE
At Volvo we believe in a work climate characterised by respect for the individual– your voice is heard and your ideas matter. The challenging jobs that we offer in a dynamic environment open the way for personal development and stimulating career opportunities. Our diverse workplace brings together people from all walks of life, with high skill levels and a diversity of outlooks.
We believe that diversity and inclusion increase engagement, generates innovation and develops our business. Along with challenging and stimulating tasks, all these things make Volvo Truck and Bus Centre an interesting place to work.
As one of approximately 95,000 Volvo Group employees all over the world, you will be treated with respect. Together we strive to create an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute to their full potential and be accepted for who they are.
This is a dayshift position. Your role will involve carrying out inspections, MOT preparation, diagnostic work and fault finding, carrying out repairs on engines, gearboxes, brakes and suspension systems. You will also learn to use Volvo’s in-house systems and complete paperwork such as job cards and service sheets. We will help and support you to learn to work to Volvo Service Times. At Volvo we invest heavily in the development of our employees - you can expect to receive comprehensive training to develop you to the next level of your career.
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- City and Guilds / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent, in Heavy Vehicle Repair and Maintenance
- Commercial vehicle experience – proven work experience on all makes of heavy commercial vehicles. Bus and coach experience is also of interest.
- IT literate.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and experience as a HGV Technician/HGV Mechanic/PSV Mechanic.
- LGV C + E licence beneficial, not essential.
- A competitive hourly rate.
- Shift allowance on back shift
- Regular overtime with additional payments, enhanced overtime rates, on call allowance + payments per call-out.
- A training path that's tailored to you. We're keen on competence development so you can expect regular in-house technical training and external courses when needed
- 33 days' holiday including bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 5%)
- Annual health check
- Eye care scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Friend and family discounts on Volvo and Renault cars
- Volvo savings centre - retail and cinema discounts
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.