Intern: Customer Relations & Tech Support - Outboards (Summer 2019)
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Penta by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Penta.
The Intern will be responsible for providing support to the Product & Customer Support department.
This intern position will be located in Germantown, Wisconsin.
- Accept and return phone contacts from end customers addressing basic product related concerns and instructing customer how to find dealers through our website
- Monitor and respond to End Customer Email and Electronic Inquiries from the Volvo Penta website and other sources (partner websites, social media, etc.)
- Assist Customer Relations and Technical Support representatives with basic office tasks such as small package shipments, mailings, data entry, analysis, and creating reports
- Support Volvo Action Services agents promptly with Warranty, Campaign and Owner’s registration questions using the company’s website and internal databases as resource
- An eagerness to learn, ability to work independently, and readiness for responsibility
- Excellent organizational skills and an acute attention to detail
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite to include PowerPoint, Word and Excel is required
- Basic computer skills. Responsible use of a networked computer running several database programs
- Effective personal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to act as a representative of Volvo Penta of the Americas in contacts with dealers and consumers in a clear and professional manner. Proper grammar and spelling skills are a must
- Basic office equipment operation; phone, copier, fax, etc.
- Performance feedback from the supervisor. Also, intern will make a presentation on this assignment to the management team at the end of their internship
- Applicants must be current students that are scheduled to graduate after May 2019
- Applicants must be pursuing a BA/BS degree at an accredited school and have completed a minimum of 30 semester hours of undergraduate work prior to the start of the internship
- History of academic achievement: GPA of 3.0 or higher required
- Basic knowledge of pleasure boats and/or pleasure boat engine packages preferred
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles is a plus
- Intern must provide their own transportation to work
- Intern must provide their own living accommodations in the local area
- All Volvo Group North America internships are compensated with a competitive salary. Students can also take advantage of various employee discounts
- Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.